The Call by: Regina Spektor

Lyrics:
It started out as a feeling
Which then grew into a hope
Which then turned into a quiet thought
Which then turned into a quiet word
And then that word grew louder and louder
'Til it was a battle cry
I'll come back when you call me
No need to say goodbye

Just because everything's changing
Doesn't mean it's never been this way before
All you can do is try to know who your friends are
As you head off to the war
Pick a star on the dark horizon and follow the light
You'll come back when it's over
No need to say goodbye
You'll come back when it's over
No need to say goodbye

Now we're back to the beginning
It's just a feeling and no one knows yet
But just because they can't feel it too
Doesn't mean that you have to forget
Let your memories grow stronger and stronger
'Til they're before your eyes
You'll come back when they call you
No need to say goodbye
You'll come back when they call you
No need to say goodbye

Meaning:
Obviously, they felt something. Possibly something that felt good and now they have hope that they can make it happen. That gives them an idea or thought, and then they start to say something. I'm guessing the battle cry means that people are starting to agree with them. It ends with her saying she will be there for them if they ever need her.

I think the next part means that things are changing, but they've been through it before and will make it again. It might tough with many challenges, but they have friends that will help them through it. She tells them to find the light in the darkness, which probably means the good in the bad, and to hold on to it and let it guide them. Finally, she says that everything will be back to normal after the battle.

For the third part, I'm guessing they won the battle and feel something new. Others may not feel it, but she tells him to hold on to that feeling. And to never forget what they have done. I'm going to say that this next feeling could be a reminiscent type of feeling.

That the ends the song.

Theme:
The main theme to me is that when you feel a feeling that motivates you to do something or gives you a strike of confidence then you should go with your gut and make that hope or dream come alive. And you shouldn't have to do it alone. There will be people against you, but just remember why you're fighting in the first place. And after you've won, never forget the good you've done and be proud of yourself.

Conclusion:
Sorry if you like the longer chapters, but this song is really important to me and I just had to write about. Unfortunately, it's a short song. This song was also part of the movie Narnia. This song gives me a strong sense of hope and is my go to song for when I'm happy, sad, angry, scared, whatever! This song is my life pretty much. If I were to sing a song for a talent show, this would be that song. I love this song and I hope you guys love it, too.

Follow, comment, tap that star, and Recte Age, Nil Time.