chapter 3

We walked out of the parking lot, and down some trails. The day was a perfect type of day for a picnic. The sun was beaming and the clouds were white and fluffy (not a lot of them but just enough) and the trees were breezy and beautiful. The park wasn't crowded, but just busy enough for it to look like the go to place for a beautiful end of May-day.

Jason seemed happy to be out of the car. He held my hand as we walked. We saw a lot of things too, we saw a lady walking her cute little bulldog puppy, and a little boy bringing hand-picked flowers to his mother.

Finally after a quick 10 minute walk, Jason led me to a shaded area. He set his blanket down and helped me take a seat down. "So, did you get an apartment or somewhere to stay in New York?" He said as he put down the cooler and took out fancy foods. Hummus, pita, kosher wine, chesses. So fancy, I thought.

"Yeah, the guy I'm staying with is a doctor in virology at Proxiferin. His name is John." I said to him. He looked at me like I was cheating on him. "He's gay," I said to him "What about you?"

"Yeah, I'm staying with an environmentalist, named Stanly, he seems really cool, I met him at my interview in Seattle," he said

I looked around to see the park, a woman walked up to us. Weirdly she knew our names, and Jason seemed to know her because he stood up to hug her. "Hi, my names is Lucy Austins" she said as she offered a hand for me to shake. "Jason, I haven't seen you since you were little. How are you, How are your parents?" she asked. Jason looked down, "Dead. My father got shot, and my mother got raped and was left for dead." He then looked at me, "Sarah, Lucy is an ecologist, she is the lady who taught me my periodic table, and even sent me to the Seattle school for science, and she is the reason why I came to Washington. Her and my aunt." Lucy smiled at me. "Yes, Mary wasn't it?" Jason no longer looked down or at me uncomfortably. He actually looked at her. "Yes, she took me in and sent me to that school, in fact I graduated this year."

Lucy looked shocked to see that he graduated, which I never fully understood. "Ah, came back to Minnesota with your girlfriend?" Lucy had said with excitement. "Eh, no. sadly we are passing through. Going to New York City for a summer internship at a cooperation with pharmaceuticals."

"Proxiferin?" Lucy had said. "Yes, how did you know?" Lucy giggled then told Jason that she works for them now, and she will be helping the interns. "Well, my flight takes off in a few hours, I should probably head off. Nice seeing you two." She had said then started running.

"She seemed nice," I said to him as he shook his hands off, and sat down. "Tell me about her."

"What's there to tell, she was my science teacher who made me love science, she quit teaching though. She must have gone to bigger and better things." He said.

We then ate and watched people as they were enjoying the park, we cleaned up and headed back to the car.

"I love you Sarah," Jason said to me. I looked at him, because he acted like it was the last time he would say "I love you" he turned me around and kissed me. Once we parted, I asked him why he was acting like that. He hadn't answered me, he just leaned in for another kiss. This time I pushed him away. "Answer me" I said to him. "What? Is it wrong for me to kiss my girlfriend?" he asked me. "No, but why did you act like it was the last time we would ever kiss. Like you're dying or something," he smiled a grim smile then started walking ahead of me towards our car.

I drove the rest of the way to Chicago. I pulled into a hotel, and I turned to find him sleeping. I grabbed our voucher, and I went into the office. This hotel was really nice, much nicer than the fancy hotel we stayed at last night.

The man at the desk told me they only had one room with a king sized bed. I accepted and before I knew it, I was walking into the car to find Jason waking up. "What room do I have?" he mumbled. "We are sharing a room, and its 1032." That really woke him up. "We are sharing a bedroom?" I looked at him, "yes, and a bed"

He really look interested now.

We walked in to find a beautiful room. He put his bag down on the bed, and looked at me "I'll take the floor, if you want."

The words drew out of me faster than I could think of what I was saying "No, we can share a bed". He looked at me, then the bed. "Ummm, are you sure?" he said to me. "Yes, we might as well use the bed too." He looked at me oddly. "What does that mean?" he said to me.

"I want you to take my virginity, as I shall take yours," I said to him and he smiled.

Falling in love is like watching someone wake up. I guess I could say I fell in love with Jason the way he would wake up. It was slowly, and it took a lot of patience, but then it happened all at once.

We got onto the bed together, and I sat up on his lap as he removed my shirt and smiled at me, but he didn't say a word, he just smiled. I removed his glasses and looked at them, only for a second, but then I removed his shirt to see his abs. See, men are separated in the views of society not by race, religion, or sexuality, but by body types. You can be either a nerd, and have an ugly body, or you could be stupid and look hotter than ever. Jason fit in the middle. He is the smartest man there could ever be, but he was hot with a capital H.

He smiled at me once more as our eyes met contact with each other. He then kissed me, not once or twice, but several times.

I'm not going to disturb you with the details, but it was amazingly painful. My favorite part however, was the end. (Don't think like that) See, once we were done and calmed down, he kissed me and we fell into a cuddle like state. Even though we were completely nude, I felt safe. It's the first time I could ever say I felt safe with someone. I felt like if anything were to ever happen, he would protect me. His defining muscles made me feel like he packed a punch.

It was about 15 minutes of cuddling when I got up to shower. He followed me, and that was when I stopped him. "Its customary for the couple to shower together after sex" he said. I smiled back at him. "Well, I'm not going to follow custom, ill shower alone, thank you very much" He looked a little shocked when he saw me walk away, but that doesn't mean he wouldn't sneak in and watch.

The rest of the night was a blur, all I remember was getting back in bed with Jason and spooning.

Incase my mother is reading this, WE DID NOT GET DRUNK, NO ALCOHOL WAS INVOLVED!!!! Glad I got that covered.

The next day I woke up to find Jason wide awake and staring at me. "You're so pretty when sleeping" he said to me, which I had no clue on how to reply. We got up and out of bed. "Today we have to be in New York, or we will be late for work tomorrow." We got out of the hotel, and headed straight out of Chicago, I told Jason the next time we stop had to be in Indianapolis. He smiled, and agreed.

Sure enough, we stopped in Indianapolis. We didn't stay long, only to get coffee and a scone. We got back into the car and drove straight to New York. I drove too, if I do say so myself.