chapter 2

My alarm went off at a quarter to 4, I had to get ready. We wouldn't be in New York until Tuesday (today is Saturday) so, I didn't worry about looking my best. That doesn't mean I can't at least shower, and put on a little foundation.

Jason showed up at 5:15 "you're early as usual" I tell him as I'm grinning, but something is wrong. He usually grins back or smiles back when I'm grinning or make a joke. "What's wrong?" I ask him looking as curious as I was last night. "Just found out my ex will be at Proxiferin." Proxiferin is the company in Manhattan, New York that we are interning at. "Oh?" I ask as he starts his car up. His ex is Emily Danielson, she's almost as hot as I am, so you can easily tell that I'm nervous. "I told her that will be busy working with Sarah, my girlfriend." I look at him as we are heading to our favorite coffee shop, The Washington Bean.

I didn't give it any thought. Really the drive out of the metropolitan Seattle area was uneventful. Jason and I talked. We talked about life, and what was going to happen this summer.

Once we left Washington, we went to some strange Idaho restaurant.

We were sitting at our table, and he did it again. Yes, he was staring at me and smiling at me. "What?" I asked trying to avoid an awkward silence moment. "You're not wearing makeup aren't you?" he asked his eyes staring at my face. I looked down. I don't know if this conversation would lead to me being insulted or me feeling happy. "Yes, I'm not going to put on any if we won't be in New York until Tuesday," I said starting to get offended "Oh, I was just going to say that you look prettier without the makeup," he said. I just looked back up and I blushed.

The waitress showed up with a pot of coffee, and poured Jason a cup, and then she turned to me and said, "Do you want me to pour you a cup sweetheart?"

"Yes please" I said trying to forget about the romantic conversation Jason and I just had. "Do you want any sugar, cream, anything?"

"No thanks, but my boyfriend here would like some cream." I said, she then turned to Jason and handed him a cream, she just scoffed in disgust as she turned to him.

"Well that was rude." Jason had said to me as the waitress turned away. "Yeah, like she just hated some random stranger that was going to pay her a tip."

"I'll give her a tip to be nice to customers." he said to me. We then laughed and Jason turned around and cocked his head up to see if he could find the waitress.

After about 5 minutes our rude waitress showed up and faced Jason who started to look annoyed "What do you want?" she said to Jason without acting kind, she just looked at him and asked coldly. Jason put in his order, then she turned to me "What do you want whore?" Wow, that was cold. Jason looked as if he had enough because he got up, and he walked away. The waitress looked just as annoyed as Jason had as he left, but she continued to take my order, and walked away. Jason returned to his seat, "What happened?" I asked looking a little worried. "Nothing, I just needed to talk to a manager" he said as he grabbed my hand on the table. "Sarah?" he asked me. "Yes?" I answered. "Do you just want to go somewhere else?"

"You basically read my mind," I said as I started laughing. We got up and he grabbed two things, his phone, and my hand. The waitress looked mad as she saw Jason and I leaving, I flipped her off.

We ended up going to some Jewish deli, because I'm kosher, and I can't eat McDonalds,where he wanted to go. He pulled into the parking lot of McDonald's. "Could you drive?" he asked me. "Sure, I just need to go to a Starbucks for some coffee" I said, he didn't object.

Once I got my coffee, we ate and talked while I put his car in cruise control. "That waitress was horrid," he told me as he took a bite of his McEgg which is just an egg with cheese on a biscuit bun. "Yeah, she smelled like she just took a shower in sewer water," I said as I took a bite of my breakfast, and then took a sip of my coffee. "What did she call you?" he asked. "A whore, because we were dating and we are young," I said giggling.