5

I rushed out of the room, making sure to shut the door behind me. My mind was still a mess from the incident that had happened earlier on, but I had to find out what the hell was going on.

I managed to find one of my guys, Cjamm holding down yet another masked man as the man shifted under his grip.

"Cjamm what the fuck is going on here?" I shouted over shots of gunfire.

"I have no idea, but theyre definitely not Park's guys" he responded, pulling the mask off the man.

I frowned at the unfamilar face in front of me and gave Cjamm the go ahead to kill him, as I ran over to the lower deck.

Thankfully my guys had most of these lunatics on the ground before anything could of happened to them. Daewoong had about five of them lined up, mocking them with a syringe in his hand.

"Dont worry (y/n), I know exactly who the hell these guys are" he snickered, stepping in front of a trembling man. " I used to be one of them."

Everyones confused eyes laid on Daewoong as he grabbed a fist full of the man's hair and bent over to meet his shaking figure.

"Who paid you ?" Daewoong smirked as Swings and I exchanged glances.

"No n-nobody paid us" the man stuttered, which ofcourse was the wrong move considering his interrogator.

Daewoong lifted up the syringe with God knows what in it and brought it down the the man's neck as he immediately protested.

"P-please dont do this!" The man begged as Daewoong grew even more impatient.

"Then tell us who the hell sent you here, unless you would like a pretty dose of what Nochang has cooked up in here" he hissed and moved the needle closer.

"It was Hi Lite okay, they paid us to kill that Gray guy" the man shouted.

"Hi Lite ?" Giriboy questioned, "what the hell with they want with one of Park's guys?"

Hi Lite was the crew below us, new on the scene. They were troublesome, ruthless and paid no mind to rules in this business. Some say they tend to do Park's dirty work but why would Jay make them go after his own guy ?

"Get rid of them" I ordered and made my way back upstairs. Normally I would stick around to watch Daewoong torture the poor fools, but right now, I had too much on my plate.

I barged into Gray's room and found him inspecting the man he had shot earlier on. His dark eyes flickered up to me, and back down to the lifeless body.

"Hi Lite huh ?" He scoffed, and rose to his feet.

"How did you know ?" I asked softly looking down at the man.

Gray pointed down to a Tattoo exposed on the man's neck. "Thats their marking, I saw them when they used to come over to our warehouse" he explained and knitted his brows together.

"Why would Jay send them to come rescue me, he hates the way they work" he continued.

That cancelled out Jay as probably being behind this attack. But what kind of threat did Gray oppose on Hi Lite, unless they were trying to break their bonds with Aomg.

I sucked in a deep breath, unsure of how to end this awkward tension that now developed around us.

"Well... thanks for what you did earlier on" I murmured, avoiding eye contact with him.

"Oh? Saving your life?" He chuckled, "that was nothing."

"Why?" I retorted, looking up at his smug face.

"Why I saved you ?" He asked, taking a step closer to me as a small smile spread across his face.

I nodded slightly trying to keep my composure around him. I hated that he was the only one that made me feel so uneasy. It was either hot or cold with him. I never knew what the hell would come out of his mouth next.

"I guess I felt a bit generous today" he mused his thick voice sent a shudder down my spine.

"Whatever" I quickly responded, "dont expect me to owe you something."

"Cigarettes"

"What?"

"Then we can call it even" he smiled, holding out his restrained hand for me to shake.

I looked down at his bruised hand and pushed his hand away. My sudden movement caused Gray to cock his head to the side, analysing me.

"Fine" I agreed, "i'll get you your damn cigarettes, just dont expect anything more."

"I promise" he bowed slightly and allowed me to make my exit.