Chapter 14 (the effects)

Astrids POV

the doors flung open to reveal a soaking wet hiccup. with toothless trailing slowly behind. everyone was staring due to what they had just heard from astrid and snotlout.

"hiccup???" stoick asked questionably 

"hiccup look at me" said stoick in a loud stern voice

"HICCUP NOW" he screamed.

and all eyes were on him.

I run over to him but toothless jumps in my way growling.

hiccup roars at toothless and he steps aside his gaze still on me. 

I run up to hiccup and quickly why he's not ready for it i grab his hair and pull up his head.

I gasp he has burn marks and bruises all over his face.

but his eyes his emerald green orbs were replaced by blood red eyes of a dragon.

he had veins the same colour running up his whole body and around his face, his scar was a blood red like his eyes, I stepped back, and fell to my knees gripping my heart i felt a shot of pain shoot up my side like i was burning from the inside out.

"ASTRID!!!!" i heard the gang yell from behind stoick.

all i could feel was pain.

then toothless jumped in between hiccup and I, his wings spread out as a shield, the pain was gone I gasp for air, slowly getting up off the ground. the gang run over to me and help me up.

toothless slowly moves away to reveal a very scared hiccup.

"I'm...I'm...so...sorry, please don't go to hurt me, it's a reflex, I don't want to hurt anyone else please" hiccup exclaimed scared of himself.

he looked over to stoick who gasped looking into his sons once caring emerald green orbs, that had been replaced with deathly blood red dragons eyes.

Hiccups POV

all i hear is screaming the roars of dragons dying everywhere and its not just in the arena it's everywhere.

I look to my father, he looked shocked.

"stoick, I have to leave now, I need help .....I'm sorry" I manage to say over the screaming in my head

"hiccup we can get you help we have gothi, HICCUP YOU ARE NOT GOING ANYWHERE!!!!!" he screamed out worriedly

"I felt the anger burn up inside of me and the screaming became ear peircing to the point that I couldn't stand it anymore and give in, I slam down onto my knees in the middle of the great hall, holding on my head roaring. 

"TOOTHLESS IT'S GOING TO KILL ME" i scream out to him in norse

people are running to me trying to help but then through the roof bursts could jumper he grabs me and takes off down to the docks with the rest of the village running after.

Stoicks POV

hiccup dropped to his knees roaring like a dragon. he was screaming 

"TOOTHLESS ITS GOING TO KILL ME!!!!!! " he screamed out. we all rushed toward him

but then through the roof bursted the biggest dragon I've ever seen.

it bent down and grabbed the roaring hiccup and rushed off with him down to the docks  we all ran after the dragon with astrid and the teen in the lead. the dragon stopped at the docks and threw hiccup in the water.

"NOOOOOO!!!!!!!" i screamed "what are you doing you stupid dragon you'll kill him he'll drown". 

I run down to the end of the dock but only to be blocked by that stupid dragon. 

then I hear roars coming from above and a loud voice screaming " move back clear a path"

and i knew exactly who it was it was heather, our worst enemy dagur the deranged sister we had all heard of her story that when she found out that dagur was her brother she tried to kill him and than went missing for about a year. but before she had found out she was you know dagurs sister she was living with one of berks neighbouring tribes and was a very good friend of hiccups when she was little, she used to play with him when they were taken to the chief meetings.

she was on a large silver dragon, obviously tame like toothless. she landed in front of the crowd facing the teens, gobber and I at the front.

"what happened " she yelled 

" hiccup was acting really weird down at the arena like he was in pain or something and the teens said they saw his face and that he looked like a demon, and then they came back to tell us when hiccup walked in soaking wet and astrid lifted up his head, and when she looked at him she dropped to the floor in pain, then it stopped and we all saw hiccups face and he had bruises and burn marks, but his veins were blood red and his eyes looked like dragons in slits and were the same deathly blood red colour as his veins." gobber blurted out 

heathers eyes widened and she looked terrified.

" everybody listen up please listen to me !!!! " she yelled into the crowd of vikings.

"hiccup is a very very good friend of mine i am heather,and I  presume you all know me" she said to the audience 

everyone simply nodded.

all eyes were on her

" okay i am about to tell you all something, and you all a may not believe me but its true"

" you all know how the dragons had a evil queen ruling them and how hiccup killed her, well the dragons don't just have a queen they have a king he is the great bewilderbeast he is 20 times the size of the queen and is very dangerous. are you all following" she all yelled.

"well all king has to have a prince to take his place when he steps down, kinda like a chief, well hiccup is the prince of all dragons, their protector, saviour and friend"

" hiccup is not human,hiccup is simply a dragon in the form of a human, although he is not able to shift into dragon form he has unimaginable power and could kill everyone on berk with the wave of his hand if he wanted to" she said 

my son not human was all i could think

" hiccup has dragon blood and soul although he has a human side it is not very strong, so what you saw in the great hall was his dragon side, he was angry and by your description very angry when he's like that he doesn't know what he's doing sometimes. hiccup is also not drowning he is cooling down, hiccup can breath under water, he has the power of every dragon in the world."

" hiccup was born like this but only had his dragon side activated when he was taken to the king when he first ran away, thats why he was such a weakling to all of you." 

"stoick just so you know you are not his real father you are his human father, but his real farther is the king and thats why he doesn't call you dad. everyone i need to know this now has anyone today made hiccup angry at all.?" 

we all just stood there mouths agape and we all just nodded.

my son is the dragon prince OH MY GODS.

Astrids POV

the whole village was now watching the water waiting for something to happen, waiting for hiccup. then the water started bubbling.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

new chapter 

-toothless_soph