Prologue

The metal chains rattled from the ceiling to the young girl's wrists from the electricity coursing through them. Medium sized blue sparks erupted from them, and the rest traveled to the helpless human. Large amounts of sweat dripped through her tan skin, and her eyebrows furrowed, pain etched on her sore face. Scarlet liquid ripped through her lips, and coated onto her tongue as she bit them to distract her from the worsening pain her limbs had to go through. Her blood dropped from her chin, and onto the metal floor underneath her. She would wipe it away with her hand, but cuffs and chains restrained her arms and legs, giving an 'X' shape, and her back was freely exposed to the whip her captor was holding.

"Stop causing such a ruckus!" The green skinned alien lashed their whip onto the girl again. Her back arched slightly, and she gave out a grunt of pain. The alien's wardrobe consisted of a large, white lab coat with long purple dreads falling from her green scalp. "Surely you don't want the ambassador to take over this job, now would you?"

"It," The girl let out a shaky breath. "It wasn't my fault. The electricity rattles the chains--" Her sentence was sliced short when another burst of hot energy went through the chains to her. She let out a short shout, and her torso flailed from the electricity. The green, female doctor shook her head while clicking her tongue against the roof of her mouth.

"Blaming situations on nonliving objects will only cause more pain for your human body," The long whip slithered behind the doctor as she trudged to the girl's front side. "Isn't that right?"

"Yes, Dr. Yoth," The girl breathed out. "My apologies."

Yoth frowned, and cracked her whip against her leg. The girl winced, and her black hair unclasped from behind her ear, falling in her vision. Yoth felt around her belt on her waist, then pulled out a box with several buttons. She circled her thumb around the biggest one in the middle, with a smug look plastered onto her face.

"And?"

The girl in chains gasped in fear, and shut her eyes tightly. "Please, forgive me master," The girl frowned, but this was the only way to prevent Yoth from pressing the one button that led to her demise. Dr. Yoth nodded in approval, before climbing the steps of the metal lab, and into a small booth where they held every material necessary for their countless experiments.

A few seconds passed through the sound of the girl's heavy breathing, and the doctor spoke from the intercom. "Are you thirsty, C-112?" The girl, or rather her name for the doctors, C-112, smacked her chapped lips together, and nodded slowly.

"Yes, Dr. Yoth."

A heavy and metal crane with a bowl attached to the end emerged from the shadows, and stopped by the girl's chin. Hesitation passed throughout her body, but she caved in as she dipped her head into the bowl, and drank like a dog would. Several smacking sounds came from her lips, then she pulled away and nodded. "Thank you, Dr. Yoth."

The heavy metal door slide open, and out stepped a man with dark grey and black armor. The armor mocked a beetle hugging his back, with two sharp pointers sticking from it, past his shoulders. It encased the whole figure, which was very buff and tall. Heavy footsteps came near the girl, and she looked up in fear. The armored man stood a few feet away, with red eyes that burned into her head.

He stood there, not moving a single inch even when Dr. Yoth stood by him, keeping her gaze on her clipboard. Suddenly, a few clips and chirps came from the man's mouth, and Yoth responded with a few of her own, each in different pitches and sequences. The girl furrowed her eyebrows in confusion. Oh, how she would give anything to know what they were going to do next.

The armored man smirked, and the girl became rigid with fear. That could never be a could sign, could it? A few more chirps came from him before Dr. Yoth nodded and strode back to the booth above them. The man took in the girl's expression, filled with fear and worry. He chuckled darkly as he spoke.

"Little piggy, why so worried?" She froze while her eyes widened behind her streaks of dark hair. "We'll take good care of you." Suddenly, six dark purple legs, which looked like of a scarab, inserted into her back, clutching onto her skin. She screamed out in pain, and she shook the chains back and forth. The beetle, however, clasped their legs into her back even deeper, and the girl arched her back, desperately trying to shake the bug off. The man found this feeble attempt amusing, and simply laughed.

The pain slowly decreased, but still stung like a papercut dipped in salt. The teenage girl heavily panted, and stood wide eyed at the floor. Another chuckle escaped the armored man, and she looked up at him.

"Welcome to The Reach, Kameko Vega."