Chapter 23

Mermaid!AU Sterek Chapter 23

Recap

"How are you able to breathe and speak underwater?" Stiles asked, trying not to show how scared he was.

The man smirked, "Princess Jennifer Blake helped us, gave us a yellow flower called wolfsbane that helps us breathe underwater for 24 hours if we ate it. " Stiles scowled.

That little bitch, he thought. Then gasped again.

What if Peter made Derek marry that wench? What if Derek didn't love him anymore and loved Jennifer now? Those thoughts made Stiles almost let out a sob and wrap his arms more protectively around his tummy.

He hadn't noticed that more men had entered the water and were now surrounding them.

Stiles gasped when he saw a shocked Derek next to an angry and shocked Peter.

"Derek..." Peter spoke, his voice low and dangerously calm. "Did you know about, " Peter waved his hand up and down gesturing to Stiles and his belly, "this?" He finished with a growl.

Derek gulped and looked at Stiles before looking at his uncle. He cleared his throat and spoke, "No uncle, I didn't know." Derek lied, he glanced at Stiles who was looking at him with a sad look on his face.

Peter nodded and looked at the men holding Stiles.

"Kill him." 

*************************************************************************

"NO!" Derek lunged towards the man holding a knife to Stiles' throat. He didn't get a chance to reach him because Peter had ordered the men holding Stiles' tail to grab Derek. 

Stiles stayed still, whimpering when the man holding the knife to his throat pressed down. His arms stayed at his belly protectively, tighten when the knife cut into his skin slightly.

Derek struggled, trying to free himself from the men holding him. "That's enough Derek." Peter said causing Derek to stop and glare at him.

"Let him go Peter." Derek growled, struggling in the mens hold again. Peter just rolled his eyes and swam over to Stiles. He nodded at the Hunter behind Stiles, "Give me the knife Chris." Chris Argent nodded and gave Peter the knife. 

Peter looked at the knife then at Stiles arms wrapped tightly around his stomach. 

"Hold his arms back Chris." Chris did as he was told and pried Stiles' arms from his belly causing the boy to cry out.

"Don't you dare touch him Peter or I swear to god I'll kill you!" Derek yelled from a few feet behind him.

Peter turned and smirked at his nephew before turning back to look at Stiles, the smirk still on his face. 

Stiles glared at him. 

Slowly, Peter brought the knife up and placed it above Stiles' stomach. Stiles' eyes widened and he tried to squirm away but the man, Chris, was holding onto his arms with a death grip.