Chapter 19 Unexpected Visitors

Chapter 19
Unexpected Visitors

The sun peeped through the windows in my room, tapping on the glass panes early, as early as I wished for, that Sunday morning. Martha remained sleeping, curled up on my bed so peacefully. I sighed, taking a deep breath while observing how the shirt rolled up allowing the curve on her round, porcelain white hips to be seen... by me.

Her sweet smell was impregnated in my clothes, on my skin and in the whole room. And I loved it! I haven't slept with a woman so delicate and ravishing as Martha. She was simply out of this world, no wonder why people believed she was some sort of a witch. Enchanting and lovely, like a being taken out of a fairy tale, those capable of casting a spell with a blink of an eye. That was Martha.

As I looked down at her, I recalled the portrait in her room... was that me? If that's so, why was she interested in painting me? Had she obsessed with me in the same way I was with her? Since when was she painting me? What for?

There was no doubt, after seeing that unfinished painting and considering the latests events, on my bed, in my house; the way she provoked me all night, the alluring tone in which she spoke to me, inviting me to sleep with her, teasing me, there's no other possibility that Martha was interested in me.

I got up from bed, containing my impulses of waking her up with a kiss -hoping of not becoming a frog-. No, that was by kissing a princess... but, definitely she looked more like that to me. Better a princess than a witch.

In the moment Martha realized I was not in bed with her, she opened her eyes and smiled, a smile that was an invitation to go back to bed with hers. Because, yes, of that smile. Thank God she didn't react the way she did before, when she woke up in the hospital after finding me to her side. That was a good sign if she remembered why she was in my house and even more, on my bed in first place. I knew her tempers and again, it was a good sign. That only meant, she was getting better... and I hoped she indeed remembered...

Instead of screaming or slapping me, this time she just whispered softly, "Good morning."

"Good morning, Martha. Did you sleep well?" I teased her a little curving up a crooked smile.

"Oh yes... definitely slept well. Like I haven't in years, so cuddled-up and warm." She crooned the words, no hidden message or intentions in them.

I caught  it in the air, still I thought it was better not to go back to bed with hers. "Well, if you wish, you can stay in my bed, while I'll prepare some breakfast."

"And why don't we go and make breakfast together?" Swiftly, Martha sat up, and crawled across the bed to reach me. Kneeling on the mattress and placing her hands on my chest, she kissed my chest, a naughty smile drew on her rosy lips. I lost my balance when she pulled me towards her and both fell on the bed. Martha climbed on top of me, sitting on my hips. My jaw dropped to the view of having this woman sitting on top of me. I saw the way the shirt impregnated to her erect nipples and how her soft parts  grew warmer against the thin fabric of my pj's. My plans were busted in the best way, however, and I surrendered, to best terms of course.

I stretched my arms to reach her, urging to pull her towards me, but she was only playing with me. Knowing my intentions, all ignited by her flirtatious games, she hurried herself off me and moved out of bed. Martha stood in front of me by the bed. "Weren't you going to make breakfast? I'm hungry?" She said, lifting me up from bed by the arm.

Getting up, I tried to grab her waist, but she ran out of my room like a girl and I followed her through the hall. In the way she ran across to the kitchen, my eyes fixed on the way her shirt -my shirt- flapped slightly over her round and firm buttocks. She was doing that on purpose, there was no doubt, to tempt me and it was not a difficult task to accomplish. My body was not helping me either to resist. None of it!

Already in the kitchen, Martha playfully leaped to sit on the kitchen's island top. She watched me as I worked out my chef skills, frying some eggs and ham. It was delightful to listen to her conversation while she swung her legs like a child.

We conversed aimlessly... laughing about all the nonsense we said. Staying in the kitchen, without formalities we had breakfast. Standing in front of her, I ate, while staring at her. Martha was staring at me too, smiling without saying a word.

When we were done with breakfast, I put the plates in the dishwasher. Martha was about to climb down the counter top, but I blocked her way down with my body. Instinctively, without hesitating, she opened her legs to let me in, wrapping them around me, pulling me even closer. Delightfully closer. My arms embraced her hips and once again our faces were just a few inches apart. Our lips almost touching when... the door bell rang.

Martha moved back, looking at me with a probing face. "Are you waiting for someone?"

"In fact... no." I cursed a thousand times in my mind the imprudent and unexpected visitor while I walked to open the door. Martha jumped down the counter top and stood behind it to hide her bare legs.

I felt I was dying when I opened the door. My heart dropped to me feet and my stomach revolved. There was Paula standing by my door. She smiled timidly, adverting my reaction.

"Hi. I hope you don't mind I came to see you today... But I really needed..." Paula spoke with enthusiasm as she walked her way into the living space.

The tension in the air suffocated me. I swear the temperature in that room rose to the ebullience point. I closed the door behind Paula, though I only wanted to push her outside. Why? Which were the odds?

Martha walked out the kitchen, sauntering with a gait of defiance on her face. She wanted to make a statement and of course she did. Paula looked at her, from top to bottom. I read her thoughts: outfit, only his shirt, hair disheveled. Paula's hazel eyes turned into a gloomy dark shade of reddish brown while both ladies darted at each other, not friendly at all, like the last time they met.

"Oh... I'm sorry. I think I'd had interrupted some sort of... session?" Paula asked in a bitter and sarcastic tone.

Martha tensed her jaw.

I was about to faint. "Session?" I asked pretending to be confused.

"Yes, session... Isn't this Martha the town's witch? I didn't know she was on giving private consultations." her tone was bitter.

Martha's said no word. She didn't reply. With moistened eyes, the blond hustled out the kitchen to the front door.

I grabbed her hand and tried to stop her. "Martha, please... don't...", I begged her.

"I was such an idiot for staying here! For believing in your... words. Thanks for your hospitality, Mr. Grau", her voice broke. She turned away, lifting her chin up, a hint of pride as she squared up her shoulders while opening the door.

I blocked her path standing in the middle of the archway. In the back, Paula witnessed, a triumphant expression on her face. "Martha, please, you can't go walking out wearing only that t- shirt", I told her.

Martha pushed me aside and retorted, "Why? There is nothing more to add to my already tainted reputation... I'm a witch, don't you remember? I am a wrecked soul who deserves nothing more than hatred gossiping!", with tearful eyes, she ran out my house and sprinted across the front yard to disappear when she crossed by the stoned wall that divided our houses. The world stumbled down my feet and al, I could hear was Paula clearing her throat behind me.