Chapter 10 Ginger Chamomile and Mint

Chapter 10
Ginger, Chamomile and Mint

I almost had a heart attack when I found Juliette laying on the sofa all naked resembling to Kate in The Titanic. Thank God she was sleeping, naked, but sleeping. Standing next to me, Martha's eyes widened, her jaw dropped open while her face reddened with a mixture of embarrassment and anger.

"Mr. Grau, why on Earth do you think I might be useful here? You have a girl naked on your couch! I'm out of here you pervert!"

She was about to leave running but I grabbed her arm and tried to convince her. "No, wait! Please! It's not what you think... Martha... This girl is drunk!"

"Oh, my God! You gave alcohol to this poor girl? It's unbelievable!"

"No, Martha... it is not like that... she came here already drunk... That's why I need your help. I can't call any one because they will have the same reaction you had. I just don't know what to do. She is my student. I can lose my job or go to jail... or be assassinated by her parents... You need to help me... please", I begged her.

"Al right! Try to wake her up... smoothly. I'm going to get some herbs to make an infusion."

"No, wait! Are you going to leave me with... her?

"She is not going to bite you. Or you believe in such things as vampires... or witches? I'll be back in a minute."

As soon as Martha left , I went to my room to bring a blanket. There was no way I was not going touch Juliette naked. I covered the girl with the blanket and shook her arm a little to wake her up. "Juliette... Juliette. Wake up. It's me, Mr. Grau. Juliette."

The girl fanned her eyes slowly to open. She smiled tenderly at me and hugged me. "Oh, Mr. Grau... Hot Mr. Grau! You came back... Where were we?" The girl climbed on top of me.

I tried to take her off me when I heard Martha clearing her throat. She was standing in front of us. "I left for minute and you are under the naked girl." Martha rolled her eyes.

I jumped out of the sofa and Juliette jerked up to cover herself... the girl's face appalled to see Martha. "I know you... you are..."

"Your savior..." she cut-off the girl and then talked to me. "Tell me where I can boil some water to make the infusion."

I guided Martha to the kitchen. She began quickly to pour some herbs into a casserole with boiling water.

"Don't look at me like that... it's just ginger, chamomile and mint. It's an infusion to counteract the symptoms of drunkenness. Now let me take the girl to the shower. That will help too. Please watch over the brew while I try to convince... ehm, your student to take a shower, of course, without you. "

Juliette held her head up visible dizzy. Martha sat next to her, and talked to her in a sweet motherly tone. At the beginning Juliette feared and hesitated, but soon she managed to convince her. Both Martha and Juliette walked out the living room.

Five minutes later, my neighbor was back. "Where is Juliette?" I asked her.

"She is getting dressed. Don't worry, she'll be fine." Martha replied, standing next to me behind the kitchen counter top. She percolated the brew and poured the liquid into a cup. It was steaming smelled so good... sweet and minty.

After preparing the concoction, the witch, I mean, Martha, brought Juliette back, dressed up and looking a bit more sober. My student stared at me with embarrassment, not saying a word.

It was incredibly amazing how immediate, she recovered after drinking the tea. However, I sat on the opposite side of the living area taking my own precautions while contemplating Martha how she sooth the girl, caressing her hair an preaching her for her wrong-doing. My neighbor seemed to me the sweetest of the women in the world, never a witch.

Juliette finally spoke to me. "Mr. Grau. I'm terribly sorry and so ashamed of myself. I don't know what I was thinking when I came here... I... I... hope you don't tell anyone of this... Please, not to my parents. They will kill me."

"Don't worry, I won't tell. But you have to promise me you would not drink that much, ever. It's that clear young lady?"

"Yes, promised." Juliette nodded repeatedly.

Martha beamed at me a tender smile and I got lost for a moment in those blue eyes of hers. I smiled back to her.

"What do you think, Antonio... Antonio?" Martha was asking me something but I was not paying attention. I was too absorbed staring at her.

"Of what?" I asked her confused.

Juliette and Martha looked at each other, and then stared at me with bewilderment. "I was suggesting escorting Juliette to her house, to make sure she gets home safely."

"Oh, definitely. Excellent Idea."

Minutes later, we left the house. Juliette got on her car after thanking us a thousand times. I opened the passenger's side door for Martha, then I strutted my way around the car.

While driving down the street Martha and I remained silent. We were only paying attention to Juliette's driving. I guess. I studied my passenger for a long moment. "You should keep your eyes on the road, Antonio. I don't want to have an accident. I'm already too worried for the girl driving ahead of us." She knew.

"Ok, I'm sorry, Martha... I didn't want to scare you. It's just you were so quiet."

"It's because I have nothing to talk about, Antonio."

Antonio... every time she pronounced my name with that sweet voice it was like music to my ears.

"Okey, as you wish. Let's remain in silence then." I spoke as I turned on the radio to hear some music. That silence between us was too noisy, unbearable.

Short after, Juliette parked her car in front of her house, she waved goodbye and walked inside.

The same ice treatment was repeated as I drove back home. Already in front of Martha's house, I stopped the car. Martha was about to open the door when I placed my hand over hers. She glanced at me astonished, yet she said nothing. We were staring at each other. It was an awkward, but pleasant moment.

"Martha... Thank you."

"It was nothing... Just remember: Ginger, chamomile and mint in case of another beautiful student gets drunk and naked in your house... Good night. Antonio." Martha left and walked to her house without turning back.

***Oooooh! You better say something guys!!!