"You sure you can handle it?"

I didn't have a clue. Sure, at this point in the timeline I might be a teensy bit stronger than Bonnie, but if I didn't sort myself out in the magic world then the mortal would quickly surpass me. I'd be rendered useless, weak--and that was something I couldn't be when danger was around each and every corner here. "You don't have to worry about me, Damon. I promise."

He stormed off into the crowd after offering me a stiff nod, my new focus being to find Elena and steal some of her hair.

-TIME SKIP-

"I see it went well," I offered Damon a smile as he dragged an unconscious Katherine to his car. Once he 'flung' her onto his backseat, he offered a small run through of all I'd physically missed, but already knew.

"Here," the small rock was a lot more lackluster up close, fitting nicely into the palm of my hand. "I had to pry it from her claws after the Witch worked her juju and knocked her out, but I managed it."

"Thanks," I slipped it into my pocket, grateful the character I now played--or my dream decided to include--had my fantasy wardrobe of skirts and dresses with pockets! "At least now if we need it, we know we don't have to negotiate with her."

"You want a lift back?" I glanced behind Damon, my lips quirking upward with the sight of Stefan and Elena talking.

"I think I'll be okay. Besides, maybe it's best you trap Katherine yourself. It might be a moment you need alone," I offered his forearm a comforting squeeze before bypassing him, sticking to the shadows of the property while keeping the doppelganger in my sights. The second Damon's car vanished, I tugged a small lock of her hair from my pocket--only able to capture it when she was writhing in pain. I took Bonnies place easing Elenas agony, getting close enough to execute my possibly stupid plan. I knotted the strands around my wrist, shuddering with how creepy this felt before closing my eyes and muttering; "Phantamogriphia decorum..."

I relied on the wall, head spinning as I held my breath so I didn't throw up when a wave of nausea hit me. I shook my head of the temporary delay, hoping the effect was a signal my spell had worked, and I did indeed look like Elena Gilbert right now. I stumbled from the shadows, nerves striking me when I realized I might just be too late--Elena was nowhere in sight, no-one was. Yet as I turned to continue my scouring, a cloth forced over my mouth and nose encouraged my eyes to flutter shut.

THE NEXT DAY

A groan escaped me when I woke up on an uncomfortable surface, my attempt to turn forcing me to grunt as I fell flat on my face-- "Ooft!"

"Oh, my God! Are you okay?" The concern of a doppelganger was the last thing I expected to greet me. Yet when my eyes opened, taking in my surroundings, I remembered I had successfully been kidnapped. I don't know if I should start regretting it or actually be excited.

"Why aren't you freaking out, didn't the spell work?" I shuffled into an upright position, leaning my weight against the dusty sofa placed at the room's center.

"Spell?"

"It's me, Elena. Adelina Salvatore--the girl that stopped you ruining your vocal cords by screaming last night."

Her eyes seemed to widen, body subconsciously putting a bit of distance between us. "B-but, y-you look exactly like me."

My eyes rolled, "How are you freaking out after you know a spell caused it?"