CAMERON POV

The doctors still weren't letting us in. Sarah and I stayed in the hospital the rest of the day to wait until we had permission to go into the room. It was 9:00 pm before we were able to go in. We spent all day catching up and talking about each other as well as Ashley. It was nice getting to really know her. I felt as if she was my second mom. The connection grew and I felt more and more attached to Ashley.

" Please come on in. " The doctor told us.

I let Sarah go before me, after all Ashley is her daughter. She walked in and placed her hands over her mouth, running over to her and laying her head down on her. I stood in the doorway taking it all in. I still can't believe I let this happen. I started to cry again. I slowly made my way over to her and ran my hand on her cheek.

" Ashley. " I whispered in a cry. " I'm sorry. "

" Cameron. Thank you so much for calling me here. I'm so sorry honey. " Sarah looked up at me still crying.

" You were the first person I thought of, and there's no need to apologize. This is all my fault. I don't know how you can 'love me' like your own when I almost killed your daughter. " I felt so ashamed.

" Go home sweetie, you need sleep. And quit blaming yourself. There's nothing you could've done. "

" No I need to stay here with her! " I said trying not to sound rude.

" For six months? Cameron, you have school and more to be worrying about than Ashley. I will be here, don't worry. "

" You don't understand. Ashley is my everything. I promised to never leave her side. I can't do that. "

" I will let you know if anything happens. "

It was hard to disobey her. I walked out of the room and the hospital to my car. I was angry but also understandable. Six months is such a long time though. I can't wait that long. I need her back. How can something go so perfect to so horrible in a blink of an eye. Did I deserve this? I didn't know what to think.