ASHLEY POV

Before I new it, my alarm was going off at five. I got up, showered and got ready for school. While eating breakfast, I thought it would be nice to write my mom a letter she could take to New York. When I was finished I placed it on the counter and wrote on the front;

' DO NOT OPEN UNTIL IN NEW YORK '

Once it was time to head out the door, I felt sad knowing I'd be without her for six months but I new it would be worth it. The drive to school took longer than usual. The only thing on my mind was the new boy. What will he look like? Green eyes? Blue eyes? Blonde? Brunette? What will his name be? Riley? Tyler? Ryan? Dylan? There were plenty of possibilities, but it wouldn't matter to me anyways because I'm just an average girl. If anything, he would go for Brittany. Brittany has long wavy blonde hair with beautiful blue eyes. She doesn't wear a lot of makeup and she always has the cutest outfits. She's sassy but classy. Me on the other hand.... I have hazel eyes with mid length brunette hair. There was nothing special about me. I looked like everyone else and even when I try and stand out the only attention I get is from Brittany. Plus I wasn't as outgoing as her. After all I haven't had a boyfriend since freshman year and it didn't last. I arrived to school and passed through the halls to my locker and found Brittany there waiting for me.

" Any sight of the new boy? " I giggled and opened my locker.

" Not yet, but hopefully we'll have some classes together. " She gave me a slight shove on the shoulder and laughed.

" Maybe. Hey, I've gotta talk to Mr.Stevenson about the next lab so I need to be there a little earlier. I'll see you later okay? "

" Alright, later! " She walked off as I grabbed my books and headed for first period Chemistry. This was another class Britt and I didn't have together. I addressed Mr.Stevenson about the next lab. I new everyone had already chose partners so I asked to work individual. I thought it would be best to do it on my own anyways so I couldn't get distracted. After some pleading, he told me it was fine. I went and sat in my assigned seat that was the second  row from the back. I got out the papers to start my inquiry as the class started to fill in. The bell soon rang and there was no sight of a new boy or my table partner. Great. My table partner was a huge nerd named Alex. Alex often helped me but was shy at times. A sweet kid but I heard he has a major crush on me. I was kinda sad I didn't see anyone I didn't recognize.  But then I figured I've got five other chances to have a class with the new boy, so I didn't worry about it too much.Once class started, Mr.Stevenson decided to review the hypothesis. In the middle of the lesson, the classroom door creaked and opened. Everyone turned. Mr.Stevenson pulled his glasses down so he could examine what was interrupting the class.