After that the letters settled down again, they still came butit was back to the lovey dovey crap that they'd spouted at the beginning, buthe included photos of himself, not his face but his arm or his hair just bitsof him. I went to the police then, but they said there was nothing they coulddo. The most they could pick this guy up for was harassment but because Ididn't know who he was they wouldn't investigate. I even went to one of Will's professors but he said the same as the police, legally there was nothing they could do.

I felt hopeless, I wasterrified that this guy would show up at any time and grab me. But then a couple of months beforeI moved here all the letters stopped. When I got offered the job in Lodi Ithought it was a great way to put the whole thing behind me and completely moveon with my life. I moved here and everything was going well, I even startedsort of seeing one of the surgeons at work, but then last night another letterarrived. I have no idea how he found me. The letter said how much he missed meand that we would be together soon. He congratulated me on my birthday a coupleof weeks ago and said he loved what I'd done with the apartment. And then therewere the photographs. Some of them were me, heading to and from work, sittingon the balcony of my apartment and stuff like that. Then there was the photo ofhim. It was just his arm, but it was different from the last time he sent it,he's been working out, he wrote on the back of the photo 'What do you think mylove?'.

I didn't sleep last night, I spent the night sat on the sofa holdingonto a baseball bat twitching every time I heard a sound. I went to the policeagain this morning who said that no crime had been committed therefore theywouldn't investigate. It was a friend at work who told me that she had heard that your club sold weapons, I didn't know if it was true but I had to find out I need to be able to protect myself." I finished trying to steady my breath, hoping that the fear I had lived in at Penn and the fear that this was happening again was present in my voice.

"Wow. Psycho basically," Jax laughed humourlessly, "So you've got no idea who he is or what he looks like and you want me to give you a gun so you can shoot at any man that comes too close?"

"Give me some credit Jax," I replied, trying not to sound angry, "I don't intend to get trigger happy I just need to know that when it comes down to it if he does show up I know that I have a final option"

"Hmmm okay" Jax muttered rubbing his hands over his face, "I've gotta take this to the club, I can't just be handing shit over here okay? So sit tight I'll talk to them," and with that he up and left.

Tig's POV

"Fuck this guy sounds like a total creep" Bobby exclaimed as Jax finished Anya's story.

"You got that right," Jax muttered as he lit another cigarette.

"She want protection?" Happy rasped out.

"Nah," Jax shrugged, "she wants a gun, thinks she can take care of herself if she's packin'"

"How she know about the guns?" Chibs asked, one eyebrow raised in clear mistrust.

"Friend of hers in Lodi, heard it on the streets and told her, she figured it was her one shot at getting a piece tonight" Jax added.

"I don't like it Jackie Boy! This gash turns up out of nowhere, no ties to this club, weak ties to California after hearing word from a 'friend'! Just doesn't add up to me" Chibs sighed looking at the table. I refrained from letting my fist speak my opinion of Chibs' reference to this woman as a 'gash'.

"Let Happy talk to her," Juice said, everyone looked at him like he was stupid, "Man you said she was terrified, he won't have to do shit to her he can just fucking look at her and she would spill!" Juice tried to defend himself.