"You are not going anywhere, my warrior," Ramesses said, standing up.

"You don't understand! I don't belong here! I'm not supposed to be with you—I'm not even supposed to know you outside of history class! I don't have time for this! I have important things to do at home! I need to go back to where I came from..." Neiko said.

Ramesses held up his hand and extended his first two fingers which meant to be silent.

"No! I will not be silent!" Neiko said, regaining her speech, standing up, and slamming her fists on the table in strong resistance. "You don't get it..."

Before Neiko could finish, Francesco chimed in. "He's not asking you whether or not you want to marry him—he's just stating the facts. Your opinion doesn't count! You will be joined to him in two weeks as you heard. There is nothing you can do or say to stop it. So be ready."

Neiko gave Francesco daggers covered in ice as she slumped back into her chair. Neiko slammed her head on the table and groaned. "I can't do this, and I won't. Guys, get me out of this!" she moaned.

"Neiko, there is nothing we can do," said Sito, and when she looked up, he winked, letting her know he was duping the pharaoh and promising that they will find a way out of the situation.

Neiko started rubbing her turquoise ring. You gave me this for luck, and I need it right now, Monchiska, she yelled in her mind.

Ramesses broke into her thoughts by saying, "Tomorrow we will start spending quality time together to get to know each other better—finally alone, and I want you to be ready at midday. Everyone is dismissed!"

All the Indians got up, muttering, but Neiko stormed out of the dining hall and headed for the garden. A door slammed and echoed in the hallways as she made her exit.

Sito looked after her as she disappeared in the hall.

"Oh man, she's really upset," said Tito shaking his head.

"Should we go after her?" asked Mactalon.

"No, I'll go and talk to her and see if I can cheer her up, but I must go alone. You go on to bed," replied Sito. "Besides, I have that secret she'd love to hear that the four of us have known for eleven years. It may be the thing to cheer her up."

"Okay, do it," said Panthero giving him thumbs-up.

The three went on to bed while Sito went to talk to Neiko.

Neiko was sitting on the steps, with her face buried in her hands, sobbing when she heard the footsteps behind her. "Pharaoh, if that's you, go away," she said curtly between sobs.

"Neiko, it's me, and I've come to talk to you," said Sito as he sat down beside her. "Why are you crying? It's not your style."

"Oh good. I was hoping you would come," Neiko said wiping her eyes. The kohl was smeared on her eyes and hands, and it looked as she had been beaten. "I'm just thinking about not seeing my family and friends again and Ramesses not caring," she said.

Sito bit his lip. "It's not that he doesn't care—it's just that he doesn't know, and it compromises his plans if he did know which he won't allow. His heart won't let him release you. I've been wondering, who's the guy you are in love with back home? It's been a secret ever since we were kids."

Neiko snorted. "What heart?" The she paused and gathered her thoughts to answer Sito's question. "It's Monchiska, but he doesn't love me back. He's still dating that snotty blonde, Rebecca Cunningham," Neiko said and then sniffled.

Sito chuckled. "Oh, he's got one—you'll see. Monchiska is still with that snotty blonde, huh? But he doesn't love her like you think. He is in love with someone else, but he thinks she doesn't love him back. He told me who she was before we came here."