"That's a ridiculous attempt to get me to stay." She replied. Then there were three minutes of silence in which Hera ate her late breakfast quietly and Blunt checked his computer screen. "I'll stay." Hera finally gave in and looked across to the screen suspended above the breakfast table in the kitchen. "But what if we meet; I live opposite him now!" She put her bowl down and brought her knees up to her chest, correcting her dress as she did so. "I'm not even going to be in disguise-"

"You know you don't need a disguise." Blunt reassured her. "You are more than capable." He said and she ran a hand through her hair. "Alright?" He said after a few moments and Hera frowned.

"Alright." She replied and reached across for a remote control; at the click of a button the screen went blank and metal blinds lifted from the kitchen windows. Hera jumped off the table and put her bowl in the sink. She walked back to her living room and looked through the window. She could just make out Alex walking from his house; he walked past police, which meant he had probably had his questioning. She was the first to be questioned and as soon as they knew her identity, the interrogation was over. She figured they'd do the same for Alex. She sighed as she watched his figure walk away; she'd have to follow him now.

***

Sabina was stood at the entrance of her university; she'd finished her lectures an hour ago and Alex said he'd see her at twelve. It was now one o'clock and she was growing impatient. Last night had seen the beginning of a small crack forming in the foundations of their relationship; he was in love with someone else. How could she possibly stand by him when he wasn't completely devoted to her? She loved him more than anything but it still wasn't enough. She ran a hand through her hair wearily and sighed.

"Sabina!" She looked up and saw Alex across the street, walking towards her. She smiled at him and walked forwards.

"Hey," She said as he reached her and embraced her and turned her head away from him so his lips caught her cheek. Before he had time to say anything about her actions, she spoke again; "where are we going?" She asked and Alex forced a smile but kept his mouth shut. He took her hand and pulled her after him. "Alex?" She asked, "come on, tell me-"

"It's a surprise!" He said and she laughed, held onto his arm tighter and they walked away from the university. Unknown to them, Alex's new shadow stood across the street, trying to pretend she didn't feel anything. Heck, she even decided to smile despite the fact that her heart was slashed to pieces. Pulling her summer hat further down to cover the fact that her eyes were burning red, she walked after them.

***

"Oh, Alex!" Sabina squealed and squeezed his arm affectionately as they walked through the hotel entrance and into the foyer. "You do listen to me." She muttered and Alex smiled. The hotel was like a beautiful glass house with marble floors and low chandeliers.

"I'm starving." Alex said and pulled her through to the restaurant that was surprisingly busy for this time of the day. As Sabina marveled at the paintings that adorned the ceiling and the tables overflowing with cakes and pastries, Alex guided her through the crowded room to their table. They sat down and Alex was relived to see Sabina smile broadly at him and take his hand. Should he tell her what happened? Should he tell her that the girl who shares the colour of his eyes was seen on his street? No; he couldn't do it. Seeing Sabina smile like that, it's all he really wanted.

"What?" Sabina asked with a small laugh. "What?" She said more urgently as he remained silent.

"Nothing." Alex shook his head. From the entrance of the hotel's restaurant, Hera stood and removed her sunglasses and hat. She lowered them slowly in her hands for this was the closest she had been to Alex yet; she could make out his face! Her eyes softened as, for the first time in three years she glimpsed the blue eyes and mess of blonde hair. He was still handsome, but there was something...something missing from him that meant he wasn't the same. What was it that had changed? She couldn't quite figure it out. As though in a daze, she walked forwards and sat down at a table shaded by plants and partially blocking her from Alex's view was a pillar of stone. She peered past the pillar and almost cringed as, like a silly schoolgirl with a crush, she smiled and sighed. Over the years Hera had become so used to her work that like a sixth sense she perceived the danger before she saw it. Twisting in her chair she cast a secret glance to the bar and saw a waiter with a tray of two drinks, pour white powder from a small bottle into one of the drinks.