Elegance is Turning Us Sober

I tried to steal her bedside meds,
I tried to get inside her head,
What's wrong with me?
She's painting figures with her hands,
She thinks she's lost in
Neverland,
She's not wrong.
~

~1 year later~

It has been exactly one year since the boys and I met. I was helping my mother was the dishes while my father was out getting gifts,today was my 18th birthday. "So,Elizabeth." Mother began,"I went out earlier and invited people to the party this evening." She said while putting some dishes away,"But you know what I found strange?" she dried her hands,looking at me,"I couldn't find the dear boys! Not a sight of Sebastian,Remington, nor Emerson!" She said,sitting down. "Well that's because they don't really live in town,mother." They don't really live at all. I thought to myself,giggling quietly. "Oh,they don't? Do they live close enough to come to the party,I assumed it'd be a pleasure to see them again!" She grinned,"Ah,yes. In fact they do live close. I can invite them,if you would like?" I said,smiling at her,"Oh,would you? That would be so nice,and me and your Father could have time to decorate while you're out and about!" She chuckled,"I would love too,I'll go right now,since it's noon." I spoke,standing up. "Alright, but be back before the party starts!" She called out as I walked out of the house.

I walked down the small trail and into the forest,humming to myself. I has dressed nicely today,wearing a white simple dress with flower indents and my black flat slip ons. I didn't really dress up for the party,more of to impress Sebastian. Ever since we found out we liked each other,we've been hanging out a lot more and he's been extra sweet if that was a thing for him. From the start he had always been so gentlemen like,sweet,caring,and full of manners. But we aren't together,although Emerson and Remington want us to be. But we kept our word,we were going to wait a while to make sure it wasn't just a small liking. And as plain as it is to see,it obviously wasn't.

I made it up to their house and walked in,not needing to knock. We decided a while ago that I had practically lived with them,so I have no need to knock. "Sebastian? Emerson? Remmy?" I walked into the front room. They weren't there. I signed to myself and went upstairs,"Boys!" I yelled out,"Down here!" I heard Remington yell. I rushed to the window and looked down,there they were,in the garden. While the other two looked up Sebastian had his focus on the rose bush,which wasn't anything new. "Be down in a second!" ,"okay,could you bring the tea?" Emerson called out. I chuckled to myself,"Of course!".

I walked down the stairs and went into the kitchen where I saw a tray with 4 cups of tea. I gently picked it up and walked out to the garden. "Hello,Eliza!' Remington smiled and took a cup,as well did Emerson,"Hello!" I smiled. I grabbed the other two and walked over to Sebastian, holding his out,"Hello there,darling." He smiled softly,grabbing his cup taking a sip,"Hello Sebby.","We've just been here looking at the plants and flowers,and I've been catching up on a drawing." Emerson said,grinning. "Sounds nice,I've been helping mother clean the house. By the way,you are all invited to my party this evening." I said,taking a sip of my tea and sitting on a white chair and setting my cup on the matching table. "Sounds lovely." Sebastian said,"Sounds very sociable." Remington groaned,"Oh hush,Remington! Its been years and I doubt anyone here will know who you all are.","She has a point." Emerson stated. "Whatever you say,Eliza." Remington chuckled.

We sat around the table for a while,drinking tea and talking. But soon it was time for me to head back and get ready. "I've got to head back home,see you all in a little while." I smiled and got up,"See you,darling." Sebastian said and gave me a small hug. I ran back out of the woods and to my house after all I only had an hour to get ready. My father had bought me some make up and I knew that would take at least half an hour. I told my parents they were coming and quickly headed upstairs, getting into the tub and bathing. I got out and put my clothes back on,brushing my hair out and started with my make up. It took a while, but I managed to make it look good. I knew I looked decent with or with out it,but I wanted to look good for tonight. The party was being set outside near the forest,because my parents knew I loved to 'walk alongside it'. They still had no clue I always went in there,and had not a clue who Sebastian and the others were.

"Elizabeth! The boys are here! So are some other guests!" Mother shouted. I hurried downstairs and didn't see anyone,so I supposed they were out I'm the party area,though mother was in the kitchen cooking. "They're out with your father,dear. Go on out." I nodded and walked out,seeing the boys and a few others standing around talking. I walked over,"Oh Elizabeth, you look so beautiful,just like your mother!" Father exclaimed and hugged me,"Thank you,father." I said while hugging back,a smile forming on my face. He released me and I turned to the boys,"Why,you do look beautiful this evening." Sebastian said,a shocked look on his face,"You always do,but you look so elegant." He said still in a slight shock. I giggled,"Thanks,you all look amazing yourselves." And they did,Sebastian was wearing a white shirt with black dots,a dark blue blazer,and blue pants with a random pattern on them. Along with his boots and bracelets and necklaces. Remington had on black jeans,combat boots,and a white button up shirts with the sleeves rolled up and had his suspenders on,and Emerson had on his black pants,ripped white shirt,and a brown blazer.

The party had started a while ago and me and Sebastian were under a tree by the forest drinking wine. I'm normally not allowed to have it,but I guess since I'm 18 they're letting me. I was laid across Sebastians lap and he was holding my legs,"You really do look gorgeous tonight." He said,"Thank you,you look dashing yourself." I smiled. I sat up and laid against him,allowing him to put his arm around me. My stomach had butterflies when he did,"You know,darling. I know I said we should wait a while to see if we really liked each other,and now that you're 18,and it's been quite a while,I would like to ask you for the honor of calling you mine." Sebastian said,looking down at me,I blushed, nodding my head,"Yes,Sebastian. You may have the honor." I smiled. Before I could say anything else I felt him kissing me softly,it wasn't just a small kiss,but it wasn't deep either. I kissed back and heard somebody whistle,we broke a part and I looked over seeing everybody staring at us,Remington being the one who whistled. I looked down and blushed,"It's about time!" Emerson said and everyone laughed,including my parents.

The rest of the night was spent with me and Sebastian dancing,smiling,and having a good time.

Yes I know most things in this story did not exist in the time period I say it is,but just have imagination, k?