Chapter 8

I can't believe I'm doing this. I'm actually going to be in the same room as The Script. I realise how much of a fangirl I sound like right now. But by now, I think you know that that is not the issue.

I don't really know how I'm going to act tonight. I mean, I know how I will be with Mark. But Danny and Glen...I don't know how to conduct myself around either of them. And the fact that they're going to be in the same place at the same time...I'm an idiot for doing this.

But I'm stood at the door now. There is no going back. We can do this. Just breathe.

As I knock on the door, my heart is going haywire. I don't think I've been this nervous in a very long time. But when Mark opens the door, I feel slightly better. His grin lights up his face and he brings me into a massive hug.

“Emie!” he cheers. “You're here!”

“You're pissed already, aren't you?”

“Hell to the yes! Get your arse in here and let's get you wasted!”

I don't even have a chance to answer as he picks me up and carries me into his flat. As he carries me through to the kitchen, I briefly see that Danny and Glen are already here, both deep in conversation. Quite serious looks on both of their faces. I wonder what that is about...I wave at them both as I'm rushed through. I only just see Danny's grin...

My arse is plonked onto the worktop. There honestly is no other word to describe the way he dropped me down. I laugh as he fumbles around, looking for a source of alcohol for me.

“How much have you drank, dude?”

“Not enough! And you're going to catch up!”

“There is no way I can catch up to you unless you stop drinking.”

“Bullshit. I can get you wasted. You know I can.”

“Only if you've got...” And sure enough, he whips out a bottle of vodka. That shit-eating grin of his plasters itself on his face as he pours out a beyond generous helping of the devil's juice. “Dude, are you trying to kill me?”

“No. You're going to get plastered. We're going to have an awesome time.”

There's something wrong. Mark is not usually this pushy when it comes to us drinking.

“Why are you drunk and they're not?”

“They were having some deep, meaningful, bullshit conversation as they got here and I got bored. So I drank. Now drink with me!”

“What were they talking about?”

“I don't fucking know. Just drink!”

“You're useless.”

“No. I'm drunk. Now come on!”

I sigh and take the drink off him, swigging it before coughing on the kick.

“Did you put any mixer in this?”

“Don't be a pussy! Drink!”

*******************

It's been a couple of hours, and I have to say...I'm not exactly sober any more. Neither are the rest of the guys, I don't think. Luckily, this seems to have prevented any awkwardness that may have happened. I'm getting on with all of them. But I'm sticking next to Mark mostly. I feel most comfortable around him.

I have, however, run out of vodka. So I need to head back into the kitchen to top up. I excuse myself from the conversation and make my way unsteadily to the bottle. As I fill it up, I hear a loud laugh and turn my head to see what's going on.