Chapter 19

•Zac p.o.v•

It was Monday. It's been two weeks since I have talked to Todd, so I decided to talk to him during lunch today.

It was lunch now. I walked into the cafeteria to see Ashley and Cameron sitting next to each other. I looked around the lunch room, hoping to see Mackenzie so that Ashley wasn't alone with cameron. I hate to say it, but I was jealous.

I walked up to the table that Todd was sitting at. all of his friends just stopped talking and looked at me. I hate awkward silences.

Todd turned around slowly and gave me the most blanket expression I have ever saw.

"We need to talk, alone." I said.

With out a word, Todd got up and walked with me out of the cafeteria and into the court yard.

Todd just stood there with his arms crossed, starring at me.

After a minute he said, "what do you want, Zac?"

"Listen, I know I fucked up." I started.

"You could say that again." Todd mumbled trying not to make direct eye contact with me.

I was starting to get a little angry, I didn't even want to make up with him. he broke up our friendship, not the other way around. the only reason I'm making up with him is because I need to fix the mess I have made.

"Todd, I'm not here to fit with you." I said with a straight face; this got his attention and he was looking at me now.

"I just wanted to say sorry. I shouldn't have kissed your girlfriend." and after I said those 12 words, I walked away.

I felt a hand touch my shoulder. I stoped and turned around to face Todd again. this time when I looked at him, he didn't have such a harsh facial expression.

"I am not going to say that it was okay because it wasn't, at all." Todd looked at the ground and then back at me, "even though she did mean a lot to me, I guess I shouldn't of let a girl come between us."

I smiled a little. I was good at this whole 'apology' thing.

"Friends?" I asked sticking my hand out for him to shake it.

Todd shock my hand and said, "I've missed you bro!" then he hugged me.

It sure was nice having my bestfriend back. now, all I needed was to get him and Ashley to forgive each other too.

I ran inside and sat next to Ashley and Cameron. there was no way in hell I was going to let this boy steal her heart.