Chapter 6.

"If it all gets too much, you let us know. Okay?" Dad said for the ninth time in the past few minutes of us all walking toward the door to the house I had moved into not long ago. I nodded, as I tightened my grip around Brittanys hand. It had been a whole month that I hadn't been here. A whole damn month that I had missed out on.

I spent a week in hospital after waking up. I got to understand my condition and what long term effects I may have, such as memory loss, and frequent headaches but that's as severe as it will get. Dad pushed the door open, to reveal three little kids, with huge smiles and wide eyes. Sonia was standing next to them, holding a bouquet of flowers.

"I-I know you're not the one to like flowers, but I thought they would be pretty next to you and Brittany's bed." Sonia smiled, passing the flowers into my hand. I smiled, and before I could turn to the little people, Sonia grabbed my wrist and stepped closer. "I am so, so glad you are okay, Santana." Her eyes went teary, as she pulled me into a tight hug. I returned the gesture by dropping Brittanys hand and wrapping it around Sonias back.

We both pulled away from the embrace, and I looked down to the three little people. "Hi guys," I smiled. The three of them quietly said hello, then all pulled me into hug them. It wasn't a huge welcome back, but it was all I needed. For the kids to know I was okay, and for me to be back on my feet, and in my own space instead of laying in a hospital bed.

I followed the stairs, remembering exactly where my bedroom was. Brittany followed me. When we got up there, I took a look around at the change in the bedroom. It was so nice, and so grown up. The bed was neatly made, there was an extra set of drawers, and a door which had obviously led to the lounge Brittany told me about. I walked over and sat on the edge of my bed, and watched as Brittany shut the door, then walked over and sat next to me. She grabbed my hand, and put it on her knee, resting her hand over top.

"Are you okay?" She asked.

"I-" I sighed. "I just can't believe what I put everyone through,"

"Santana, none of it was your fault at all? It was an accident, and none of us blamed you for our sadness. You didn't cause it."

"But I still broke everyone I love, and everyone around me."

"But you're here now, aren't you? Don't worry about anything you put anyone through. None of us did, we just worried about you and prayed every day that you would wake up." Brittany spoke, quietly and softly. I nodded, sniffed then looked down to the ground. "Are you tired? Do you want to go to sleep?"

I nodded. Brittany went to stand up, before I grabbed her hand, pulling her back down. "Thank you, so much," I whispered.

"What for?"

"Loving me," I smiled, before bringing my lips up to hers, and kissing her quickly, before looking into her eyes, cupping her cheeks with my hands, then deepened the kiss. Feeling her lips against mine was sending butterflys through my stomach. I missed this, this simple little tough. I missed having this girl in my arms. It only feels like yesterday when I saw her last, but I know it was over a month ago when I actually had her in my arms. To her, I bet it felt like a life time ago. Seeing me in that hospital bed, unresponsive would have broken her.

I felt nothing but peace. I felt like I was floating, in the middle of the ocean. The ocean was still, no current, no waves, and nothing to bother me. There was no island around, and no people or any form of life. It was just me. It was quiet, peaceful and terrifying at the same time. Sometimes, I felt nothing but like I was sitting in a dark tunnel, looking at a dot of light. But most of the time, I felt like that was it. That was my life, done. Not that I could put that together right then and there. But the feeling was just nothing. Like I was going to sit in that tunnel for years and years until someone finally pulls me up. Or like I would just float in that ocean, until a boat came and saved me. Or a bird would pick me up, and drop me off in a nest above as if I was a baby, rescued by a stalk.

Did any of that made sense?

I guess that really proves how weird and confusing, but peaceful it felt.

Mine and Brittany's intimate moment was interrupted by a knock at the door, then the sound of it opening. "Oh, fuck. Should I, uh, come back later?" A voice spoke. I pulled away from Brittany and turned to face someone I had been looking forward to seeing. I smiled, shook my head and got up, walking toward her. "You look great,"

"So do you," I smiled. Cass wrapped her arms around me, hugging me tightly. I rested my head on her shoulder, just feeling the warmth of her was enough to reassure me that everything was going to be okay, even if it wouldn't be.

"How are you feeling?" She asked as she pulled away from the embrace, keeping her hands on each elbow.

I nodded, "I'm feeling okay, just really tired."

"You slept for like six weeks, how can you be tired?" She joked. I let out a slight giggle, then yawned. "Wow, you really are tired?"

I nodded again.

"San, I am going to go shower. Cass, can you hang out in here a bit?" Brittany asked. Cass nodded, then made her way through the room, and opened the door to our lounge that I had yet to see. Brittany grabbed some clothes, then disappeared, so I walked toward the door.

The lounge was small, but perfect. There was a couch, a small coffee table, a beanbag in the corner and a TV in front of a window which over looked the small pond. It wasn't as flash as the lounge downstairs, but it was perfect for Brittany and I. Or, Cass and I in this moment. Cass sat down on the beanbag, and I took the couch.

"You know," Cass began, so I looked over to her. "Britt is so good to you."

"I know." I grinned.

"I haven't seen anyone so dedicated to one person like she is to you,"

"What do you mean?" I questioned.

"Brittany never, ever left your bed side, Santana. I mean, she did when we told her to go shower, but other than that, she was beside your bed each day." Cass spoke, with her husky, almost intimidating voice. "She talked to you, told you all about what was going on in every one elses life. She sung to you, and even fell asleep sitting up, holding your hand. No matter how hard anyone tried to get her away from you, she wouldn't leave. She is so, so in love with you. And that is so rare. To have someone care about you that much that they'd give up their daily activities just to sit by your bed side knowing damn right that you might not even wake up." She had tears now, as did I. "She never gave up on you. And neither did I. I wasn't there for you San, when you were in the home. I was nothing but a bloody bitch to you,"

"Cass, it's okay-"

"No it isn't. I treated you like shit. When I saw you the first time laying on the bed, in that shit place, with blood everywhere, connected to machines, and knowing that you might end up taking your last breath at any moment broke me so much. I had just met such an amazing girl, and she was being ripped from me. It was a shit feeling, ya know?"

"I am here now though, Cass,"

"I know. I know." She sniffed, wiping her eyes. "I'm such a loser," She giggled. "I never cry, damn.' I giggled with her. "Promise me something,'

"Promise you what?" I raised an eyebrow as she got up, sat next to me and raised her pinky up.

"Promise me that you will never leave Britt and I, ever."

"You know I won't-"

"Just promise me," Cass pleaded. I looked into her eyes, showing desperation for me to agree to something that I know, I don't need to promise to, because I know that I will never leave those two again. I put my pinky up, and linked it with hers. She smiled, then reached over, grabbed the TV remote and turned the TV on. "You have missed out on so much," She smirked to me, before settling on a program.

Once Brittany had finished showering, Cass said goodnight to us, and went down to her sleep out, leaving Brittany and I alone once again. I changed into my pajamas then climbed into bed. Brittany climbed in next to me, and pulled me into her. I rested my head on her arm, and wrapped my arm over her waist. Cuddling up to her, felt like I was safe, and I was finally feeling as if everything really would be okay.

(Sorry for like, the shortest chapter ever! This was just a quick chapter showing Santana settling in back at home. Vote and comment ;) ALSO, Any Wentworth fans out there? I have another wattpad account, where I am writing a Ballie fanfiction, so if you want to check that out, head over to @BallieEndOfGame account, and add Blood Red to your reading list :)