Chapter 1.

I woke up to the sound of pots and pans crashing down stairs. I slowly sat up, rubbing my eyes in the process, then yawned. I opened my eyes, taking in my surroundings. The curtains were white, and see through, so the sun was shining through leaving a bright square at the entrance of my door. My blankets were neatly spread, even though I had moved a lot during my sleep. I looked at the alarm clock next to my bed, 6:46. 

"Santana, honey. It's your first day of school." A voice sung from behind my door. The door opened, and the woman who gave birth to me stood at the door, smiling. Instead of returning the smile, I frowned, and looked to her in complete confusion. She walked into the room further and placed a glass of orange juice on my bed side cabinet, then sat at the end of my bed. "I need to go to work before you leave, so you have to walk to school." The confusion on my face remanded there as she spoke again, "I'm sorry honey. You can attack Mark for that. He called me in early." She lent over, pecked my forehead before saying, "Have a good day." Then left the room.

What the hell is going on?

I climbed out of my bed, my feet touched the cold floor sending goose bumps all over my body. I stood up, and walked toward my window. I looked down at the familiar neighborhood. I yawned once more, then made my way across to the bathroom, where I drowned my confusion with the pressure of hot water hitting my body. 

First day of school?

My mother?

What the heck.

I go to music school, and I live with my dad not my mother. She disowned me, a long time ago now. I have a beautiful fiance, and I was just in the process of having her move in. We had regionals today, so why am I here? 

After I showered, I changed into the only pair of shorts I could find in my drawers, and a singlet. I covered myself with a leather jacket, and slipped into my converse that looked extremely brand new. Then I dried my hair, and applied some light makeup before making my way downstairs. I crept around like a cat would in a building of dogs. I hadn't been here in a while now, why am I here?

On the bench in the kitchen, was a lunchbox and under that was a note. I slowly walked over to it, a frown and confusion still written all over my face. I pushed the lunch box aside and picked the note up, opening it to revel what was inside.

Santana,

I hope you have a good first day of year 12. I know you will excel in each class on this day, and will make a good first impression. Abuela wishes you luck on this day.Much love - Mom xx

I ripped my phone out of my pocket, and searched through to find my contacts. I need to call Brittany. I don't know what the hell is going on, and I don't know what the hell I am doing here, but I don't like it. I opened contacts, which only showed I had one contact - Mom. 

Fuck.

I dialed her number answers, and held my breathe as she answered. "Santana, are you at school? Have you made any friends?"

"What? Yes, you know I made friends, Becca and Hannah? They stayed, and you blamed them for the reason I went in the home. Where the hell is Brittany?"

She let out a laugh down the phone. "What are you on about Santana? Look I need to go, you can tell me all about your dream when I get home. Have a good day at school." With that, the phone call was cut. 

Dream?

That was not all a fucking dream?

Surely, it can't of been. It was too long to be a dream. It was real, I know it was. Brittany and my relationship was real, and my friendship with Quinn, and Cass and Kurt was real. My dad, Sonia, my siblings, it was all fucking real. It was almost the end of the year, what the fuck is going on?