Chapter 3.

Brittanys P.O.V

Another week passed. I woke up to the nurse slightly nudging me. I opened my eyes, yawned, then looked around at my surroundings. I had fallen asleep sitting up, with my head against Santanas shoulder, and her hand still in mine. The nurse assured me it was time for Santanas medication. I shifted back, as I woke myself up properly and watched the nurses, and doctors, yet again jab all sort of medicine into Santanas arms. One of them checked the machine next to her with tubes leading up into her nose, and then they all walked out except for one, who stood at the end of the bed with a clip board.

"Santana is due for her MRI and CT scan this afternoon." He mumbled.

"Sorry, what?" What the hell are they doing to her.

"I'm sorry, are you allowed to be in here?" He questioned. I then realised, that he was a new doctor, and he looked like one I shouldn't be trusting with my fiance. Before I answered, one of the doctors who was here from the start walked in and grabbed the clip board from the others hand.

"You are in the wrong room. This patient is strictly us higher class doctors only." He spoke, firmly. The first doctor turned on his feet and left, thank god. "I am sorry about that, he is new."

"What did he mean by MRI and CT scans?" I spoke, with a voice of concern.

"Oh, right." The doctor pulled a chair out and sat opposite me. "So, we are going to put Santana in a big machine type thing, to scan her brain. We couldn't do it any earlier as it was too risky. But now that she has been here for numerous weeks, and that her condition has progressed increasingly, we can finally do the scans."

"What will the scans show?"

"Basically it is going to tell us how much damage is done to Santanas brain, and whether her condition is life threatening, or the outcome will be long term memory loss, or short, or anything like that. We are hoping for the best for Santana, but sometimes things don't go our way." Instead of replying, I looked to Santana, and felt nothing but heart break. 

She can't have memory loss. She won't have any clue who the hell I am.

She won't even know who herself is, if her condition is that bad.

Please San, please be okay.

"So she will be wheeled out of here about lunch time." He added.

"Can I come?"

"You can't be in the room with her, but you can wait right outside." He spoke, then stood up and left.

I sighed as I thought of not being allowed to be in the room with Santana, and her having to be alone in some scan, what if it stresses her? And I am not there to be able to comfort her? I fucking hate everything about this hospital shit. Why couldn't Santana just be in bed with me, cuddled up watching movies? This just all isn't fair at all.

Lunch time rolled around quickly, and the nurses were getting Santana ready for the scan, which consisted of removing all of her jewelry and piercings. They then did something fancy thing to the bed, and wheeled her out of the room, which I followed, praying for everything to go smoothly. I followed the doctors and Santanas bed down a hallway, and to a room which had a large tube thing. I watched as they lifted Santanas body off her bed, and onto a platform.

"Okay, we need everyone to leave the room now," A doctor called. I was escorted out of the room, and into the waiting room which was just outside the door. "1, 2, 3 and shes under." I heard, then the remainder of the doctors exited the small room, and entered a door right next to the one we had all just walked out of. I turned on my heels and walked to the seats opposite the door, and sat myself down, staring blankly at the white walls.