• twenty •

Anamara 😈

       I arrived at Missouri State Correctional Facility. I walked in with no fucks given. I was in the van with five other girls, and we had to strip outta our clothes.

"Okay inmates, bend over, spread your cheeks and cough!" shouted the female officer.

I bent over and done as she said. We stood up straight and she handed us each, a orange jumpsuit to put on and a bag that contained a sheet, cover and the top of a mattress.

We walked in a single file like close by the wall as the officers guided us to where we will reside. First we went to the room where the white people were , what they call 'the suburbs' and dropped off the two white girls. Then to the black part, what they called 'the hood'. The guards let the two blacks girl in there then they looked at me..

"¿Habla usted español o Inglés?"

I chuckled at the fact this white guard tryin' to speak Spanish, "ambos. That means both." I smirked.

"We'll take her with the Hispanics. Maybe she'll relate more." they laughed to eachother.

"jodidas perras" I said rolling my eyes. The guard stopped and grabbed me.

"You say something inmate?"

I smirked in her face, "Nope."

"Good answer. You don't speak unless you're spoken to. Inmate. Now keep walking."

We got to the Spanish part, what they called 'spanish harlem'. As we walked in the previous inmates stood by their cubicles just eyeing me and the other girl, never got her name.

       "Martinez, cube ten, bottom bunk. Ardeshir, cube eleven, top bunk." the guard instructed.

       I walked to my cube and start putting my stuff on the bed, I look over to see three girls staring at me but I didn't care because they didn't intimidate me.

       "qué clase de nombre es Ardeshir?"  (what kind of name is Ardeshir) said Girl One laughing to the others.

       "esta perra no puede ser mexicano." (this bitch can't be mexican) Girl Two said giggling with the others.

       I chuckled continuing to finish making my bunk, "You're right. I'm not Mexican, I'm Puerto Rican. And when you're adopted, most likely your last will be changed. ¿Alguna pregunta más?" (Anymore questions?) I asked turning their way.

       "What you say bitch?" said Girl One getting in my face with the others behind her.

       "Don't speak English? Y'all don't intimidate me one bit. So find somebody else to 'scare'. Now, who's my roommate?"

       "That would be me." I heard a familiar voice say coming from behind the girls.

       I couldn't believe my eyes right now. Last person I wanted to see was this indenial bitch, my biological mother, Alicia.