Chapter 45- Reunion

Start from the beginning

            “Oakser is alive?” Allegra broke her silence. Ariadne’s gaze averted, “Losse has agreed to raise him, when I bring you back to him.”

            “Why does he need me now?” Allegra demanded. Arisa almost jumped; it was the loudest she’d ever heard Allegra speak.

            “Because he wants to see you,” Ariadne gritted her teeth, “He loves you, Allegra. An’ he knows you love him as well.”

            Arisa halted in her tracks, and almost laughed at her blindness. So that was why Allegra refused to see her master; she didn’t want Losse to love someone who was already dead. A raised soul can never compare to a living one. It was impossible to make love to a raised body, and even more impossible to have children.

            “I don’t love him,” Allegra muttered. But her words were too artificial. Ariadne began walking again, after hearing no satisfactory response from Allegra. The two continued for over fifteen minutes when Ariadne held her arm out.

            “Lord Armont?” Ariadne whispered into the still air, but her voice echoed throughout the place. Arisa finally decided to inspect exactly where they were: it was a graveyard, with grayed and crumbling tombstones, damp and muddy soil, and a prominent clearing in the middle. In the clearing lay four leather-bound books, and a chipped white plate holding no food.

            “This is where he lives?” Arisa asked in astonishment and confusion. Ariadne smirked, “No, this is where he happened to be at the moment.”

            They heard footsteps behind them, and a man, probably in his early twenties, greeted them with a cold smile. His jade green eyes briefly met Ariadne’s, nodding thankfully at her. Allegra was frozen in her spot, unable to avert her widened eyes from the impeccably well-dressed and majestic man that stood in front of them.

            His appearance reminded Arisa of Alexei. Losse wore his silver hair messy around his head, and strands fell over his forehead. He wore a black silk cloak that outlined his lean build, his square shoulders. He stood a head taller than Arisa.

            “Arisa Rains?” Losse smiled. His smile twisted to the left side of his face, and the sides of his eyes crinkled just as Arisa’s usually did. Arisa nodded without a word, too stunned at the man’s kind eyes, mysterious smile, and ravishing appearance to think of him as badly as Allegra explained him to be.

            “Allegra, Arisa,” he said, “You two have something to ask of me?”

            “Yes,” Arisa finally regained her strength, “I daresay you’re aware of what’s going on with my daughter.”

            “Yes,” Losse’s voice cracked slightly, as if he was restraining some sort of exploding emotion. Arisa continued without notice, “Will you help us?”

            “On one condition,” his gaze flickered towards Allegra, “I want to see Euphrosyne.”

            Arisa had been expecting a request much harder to carry out.

            “Why are you so surprised, Mrs. Rains?” Losse cocked his head to the side. “Have I done something wrong?”

            “You haven’t,” Arisa shook her head too quickly, and Losse’s lips pressed together. He approached them, taking long steps.

            “Mrs. Rains,” he took her hand, and dropped it moments later, “I hope to see your daughter safe, because I know that is what Allegra desires too.”

            Allegra sighed, and her posture finally relaxed. “Cut it out, Losse.”

            “I missed you,” Losse whispered, “Why do you refuse to see me?”

            Allegra kissed him on his cheek, “You know why.”

            Losse beamed, diverting his attention to Ariadne. “Thank you, Miss Ellery. You weren’t required to do this. I’m sure you knew that, so thank you from the bottom of my heart. Your brother will wake shortly.”

            Ariadne grinned, “No, Lord. Thank you.

            Arisa raised her hand, “Before we leave, I want to know about you, Loss- er- Sir Armont.”

            He laughed, “Losse is fine. And alright, I will tell you. But of course, I’ll need Allegra’s intervention.”

           A/N: Thanks, all, for reading~