Chapter 1-Running Away with a Gang Leader

Heyya readers! This is my first time writing a story, so the start may be a bit slow but i assure you it will get better! Please comment, even if it is just to tell me its terrible lol.  But i do appreciate anyone who has taken time to click on this. Enjoy...

Chapter 1: The Escape

He had been hitting her again; it made my blood boil to see my mother suffer for me. I didn’t have a choice; every time my father got drunk he lashed out. It was given and we had grown accustomed to his violent ways since he lost that job at the bank. However I was growing up and at sixteen years old I realised that this was not normal and I couldn’t take it anymore. At first he just hurt my mum but then his attention was diverted towards me and like the loving person she is my mother did all she could to protect me. “I will never let him lay a finger on you dear” she had said reassuringly.

I sighed deeply but my miserable train of thought was broken by Jared’s smiling face. I sighed again but then attempted to smile back.

“What are you doing here?” I asked.

“A hello would have been nice Eva” He replied evidently hurt.

I wasn’t being rude but he had just broken into my school yet again. However I could do with the company as I had no friends, I was labelled the freak here, and hey high school could be cruel. I guess I couldn’t complain, I mean I hadn’t exactly made an effort to be friendly. To be honest with you, I generally liked being alone, it was sort of peaceful, but Jared was always fun to talk to and recently he had started visiting me quite a lot.

“You’re going to get into trouble if you keep this up!” I complained.

“I’ll be fine.” he said looking away. Jared had dropped out of school at the age of 11 because he beat someone up, and since then he has never looked back.

“You seem distant Eva, what’s wrong? Is it your father again?” He asked sounding genuinely concerned. I had told him about my problems several times and he had always listened intently offering good advice.

“Yes it is. Jared I can’t take it anymore. It’s too much. I feel suffocated just being in that house” I said as a single tear escaped my eyes, which I hurriedly wiped away. He was silent as he looked deep into my blue eyes. I stared into his, sea green and sparkling. I took a second to admire his beauty. His hair was black and rough, but attractive, the kind that makes you want to run your fingers through and his skin, flawless and pale.  Jared was gorgeous, that was common fact but all too often I saw people back away from him like they were scared. He did have a couple of tattoos down his arm which I never quite understood, and he didn’t go to school. Oh and some said that he was in a gang, but truth be told I didn’t care. Truth be told, he carried off the bad boy image to perfection.

After studying me with great detail, he finally spoke. “Eva, I know I keep saying this but honestly if you really can’t take it anymore you can come and stay with me” he suggested “I don’t live alone or anything, but I am sure we can find some space for you.” I didn’t know what I was thinking when I said yes, perhaps I just wasn’t. All I knew was that I wanted to get away and he was offering me the chance.  Jared was happier than I have ever seen him, and for some reason that thought made me happy in turn.

He got up to leave as his two friends appeared in the playground, Aaron and Carl. They were always together; I guess they must be really close. Luckily both of them were polite and always said hello, but best of all they kept their distance and never interrupted our conversations.

“Wait you don’t know where I live!” I said but they had already jumped over the dangerously large playground wall and left.

As soon as I got home I scribbled my mother a note stating that I loved her and I was leaving because of my father. I also mentioned that I was with a friend, that I would be safe so she need not worry. Even writing this I realised how unsure I was. After all did I really know Jared? We had talked a couple of times but that was it, I had no idea of his past, his family, or what he did for a living. Thinking this made my stomach turn viciously, what had I got myself into? I had a lot to think about, for me this was the boldest step I had ever taken in life. The only way I was going to get through this was if I blocked all my emotions out because I was truly on the verge of a nervous breakdown.

After packing the limited belongings that I owned I realised it was time. I sneaked out the back way. My mother was probably not home from work yet but I didn’t want to take the chance. I was going to miss her so much. No emotion, I reminded myself as my brain forced me to relive all the memories I had with her. I was crying. Damn.