"How are you feeling this morning?" He asked as he walked towards the bed, pushing a stray lock of hair from my face.  If he had been agitated minutes earlier, there was no sign of it now.

"I think I'm hungover," I said as Thorin sat on the bed next to me. "I must have drank too much ale last night. I vaguely remember Arna handing me a third one before I danced with little Kili."

Thorin smiled. "Yes, you were quite drunk. And you were quite, shall we say, articulate....for a time."

I bit my lip, trying to remember what I had said last night.  But everything about last night after dancing with the little Kili were vague. "Did I say things I shouldn't have said?"

Thorin shook his head. "You said the things that should have been said a long time ago, Frigga," he said. "The ale unleashed your memories."

I began to giggle, wondering what else the ale had unleashed. "Just memories?"

Thorin chuckled. "I'm afraid so. You passed out just when I was about to do more than just kiss you."

I stared at him.  Surely he was joking, I thought. "No, that can't be!"

"Yes," Thorin teased, smiling as he lowered his eyes almost shyly. "We were quite a chaste couple last night, I'm afraid."

I buried my face in my hands, embarrassed. The last thing I remembered was Thorin nuzzling his face in the crook of my neck, telling me something about succumbing to...something or someone. "Oh, Mahal, I'm so sorry, Thorin."

He smiled. "What for? We both needed the rest. Besides, we've got a long journey ahead of us and we need to get ready."

I pulled him close to me, resting my forehead against his chin for a moment, before deciding to become bold. It was our last morning together in the privacy of a room, where a soft bed awaited us. From here on, it would be hard ground and sleeping out in the open. Would I ever get to do the things I'd done to him the other night and hear him cry out my name when there would be no walls to keep us alone from everyone else? 

"I'm feeling quite rested now though," I whispered as I slipped my hand down his torso and between his legs, rubbing him there as he stiffened, grabbing my hand as to stop me from continuing. But his body told him otherwise for I felt him harden.

"Do you think we...have some time?" I asked as I leaned forward and kissed him, coaxing his mouth open as I captured his lower lip between mine and sucked on it.

Thorin exhaled as he kissed me back, his arms enclosing me in an embrace. He pushed me down upon the bed, one hand behind my neck and the other moving down to cup my breast, kneading it as his mouth crushed mine greedily. My hand still pressed against him, stroking him. Thorin groaned.

The room spun again and my head felt like lead but I didn't care. I loved the weight of his body over mine as he nudged my knees apart. The fingers of my other hand twined in his hair, drawing him closer. The only sounds in the room were those of our breathing, hard and labored as we drank each other hungrily.

"We won't have much time," Thorin groaned as his hand moved lower to cup the mound of my sex, his fingers slipping between the silken folds to find me so wet for him. He shut his eyes as he lowered his head to kiss an aching nipple tenderly, unsure of whether to continue.   Outside the window, we could hear the dwarves getting the wagons and ponies ready.

"I don't care," I whispered as I pushed my hips upwards against his hand, feeling him slip one finger into the moist heat that awaited him. Thorin muttered under his breath, his deep blue eyes meeting mine as he undid the ties of his trousers quickly, my hands now helping him undress. We fumbled with laces and clasps and buttons, not caring whether he still had his boots on for there was an urgency now that needed to be quenched.