12) Meeting My Family

OLIVIA

Life wasn't bad, I couldn't complain. The only thing that really bothered me was I had two best friends I hardly spoke to let alone saw.

I know with me and Taylor we was both busy. She was a teacher she only really had weekends and sometimes she would be busy with marking and planning.

Then there was Brianna. We hadn't spoken since she left my office and it had been a few weeks now. Despite her behaviour that was my girl and I missed her.

Just as I pulled up to my parents house my phone rang; would you believe it? Brianna.

"Hello?" I answered.

"Hey.. I'm coming to surrender and wave the white flag. Liv I'm so sorry I didn't mean you or your business no harm. Honestly. I don't want to fall out with you. Forgive me?" She said.

I smiled.

"Gurl you know you my girl. It's just clear we can't work together." I said making us both laugh.

"Yeah I guess yo right. And I be looking for a new job. I know Ima find one soon."

"That's right girl!"

"So what you up to?" She asked me.

"Just got to my parents house. They doing a barbecue and Mason gon meet them all for the first time." I said.

"Oh okay. Well when yo free let me know and we can link up?"

"Yeah sure... You can come to the barbecue if you want? If you have nothing planned for today."

"Yeah? Okay cool I'll come round. Need to meet this man of yours and make sure he fit the criteria."

"Oh he fit the criteria alright. But yeah come on through. Will be nice to see you." I said before coming off the phone.

Just as I came off the phone my phone rang again.

"Hello?"

"Hi, can I speak to a Miss Olivia Jenkins please."

"Speaking."

"Hello Miss Jenkins. My name is Sonya Roscoe and I am calling on behalf of an independent company that goes by the name of "First Timers" and I must say I was impressed. Not only are your styles unique but they are what the fashion is missing. We want to help you and get your designs out there. Who knows; your designs and style could be the next big thing."

I sat there in shock at what I was being told. I had sent my designs to quite a few companies over a year ago and none of them never got back to me. I was recommended by a class mate to try this specific company because if they really like you and have faith in you they will not only help promote your designs they may even give a loan to open your very own store! Even though I already have one there's no harm in pursuing my dream of having another one.

"Hello...?" The lady on the phone said

"Sorry, I'm still here I just can't believe you guys got back to me!" I said happily.

"Well how about we schedule you in for next month; by then you could bring us same samples and get yourself prepared. You have once chance. Make the most of it."