Please Don't Be in Love with Someone Else

PEYTON'S POV

1 CONCERT LATER

I leaned against the wall backstage, waiting for Echo. When she walked in, she looked completely exhausted, but she smiled anyway.

"You were amazing out there," I told her. I wasn't just saying it. She really had been.

"Thanks," she said.

I took a few steps toward her. "Are you okay?

"Yeah, just tired."

I smiled and gently brushed a curl from her face. Her shoes made it so that we were about the same height, which resulted in it being slightly awkward, but I didn't particularly care.

She blushed. "Hi there."

"Hi," I replied, placing a hand on her cheek.

She leaned her head into my hand. "Peyton..."

"Yeah?

She sighed. "Never mind. It's not important."

"Are you sure?"

"Positive," she said.

"What are the demigod dating rules again?"

"As long as you don't have the same parent, it's completely acceptable."

"Good," I said.

"Why do you want to know?"

"Because I think I might be in love with you."

She smiled. "I think I might be in love with you too."

Then we were kissing. I wasn't sure who had kissed who or if we'd kissed each other at the same time, but I didn't really care about that. I was too busy paying my attention to the fact that her lips were on mine, her hands were on my shoulders, and my arms were wrapped around her waist.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

ECHO'S POV

A FEW MINUTES LATER

I stood with my head resting on Peyton's shoulder. His arms were still wrapped around me, and we were just kind of standing there in each other's arms.

Quietly, I sang, "This night is sparkling, don't you let it go. I'm wonderstruck, blushing all the way home. I'll spend forever wondering if you knew I was enchanted to meet you."

"No you won't," he said, "you'll spend 3 seconds wondering before I tell you that I did know that, I still know that, I will always know that, and I was enchanted to meet you too."

I giggled and kissed his cheek. "So literal."

"I just don't like the idea of you waiting forever for something."

"I've done it before," I said.

"With books."

"Well, still," I said. I lifted my head to look at him and saw that he was smiling.

"We should probably find the others and head back home. It's late."

I nodded. "Yeah. Just let me get changed."

"Okay," he said.

I kissed his cheek again and headed back to my dressing room.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

ELLIE'S POV

I knocked on the door of Echo's dressing room.

"It's open," she called from inside.

"Hey Echo, just came to check up on you," I said as I opened the door.

She looked at me in the mirror as she put up her hair in a ponytail. She was smiling, like, a lot.

"Hey Ellie!"

"Okay," I said, closing the door behind me, "spill."

"I don't have a clue what you're talking about," she said innocently.

"Well obviously something's happened, Miss Cheerful."

She laughed. "Fine, Peyton and I kind of kissed, and then we kind of stood there and hugged each other for, like, five minutes straight... no biggie."

"Ohmigods! I'm so happy for you!"

"Don't be," she said, "I'm already happy enough for at least two people."