This Chapter Has a Slight Twist

CLARE'S POV

As everyone walked up the hill together, it became clear that my first aid kit was not needed. Everyone was in just fine shape and... it seemed like there probably hadn't been much of a fight at all.

"So... I see my panicked search for a first aid kit was for nothing," I said.

Don't get me wrong, I was glad that everyone was okay, but I felt like I'd been given a useless task just so I wouldn't feel left out.

"Sorry, Clare," Peyton said, "when the readers last saw our young heroes, the two cunning and attractive girls who were kidnapped by the evil Mr. Lynde had just recently rescued themselves from their captor."*

"Peyton," Echo said, "what the Hades was that?"

"What was what?"

At which point an awkward silence ensued.

"Okay then," I said finally.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

ECHO'S POV

"Hey Adam," I said into the phone microphone.

"ECHO YOU'RE ALIVE!"

"Yeah. Hi. Ow. Forget my eardrums, I think my whole ear just broke."

"I apologize, my little sister, but I am quite relieved to know that you were not killed by Camille's ex-boyfriend."

"I noticed."

"Was that or was that not a purposeful reference to The Gods Must Be Crazy?"

I laughed. "You doubt my referencing? Purposeful!"

"Nice."

"Yep."

"Okay, Sis, I apologize, but I have to go now. I have important Adam things to do. Uh, meaning talking to Breanne for hours on end."

"Okay, I am completely cool with that," I replied, smiling. "Have fun, Bro."

"I will. Bye Sis."

"Bye." I hung up.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

ADAM'S POV

"Breanne! She's alive! She's okay! She just called me a minute ago!"

"By 'she', I'm guessing you mean your sister," she replied.

"Oh, no, I meant Lady Gaga. OF COURSE I MEAN ECHO!" I smiled.

She smiled back and ruffled my hair. "That's great, Adam. That's really great. Uh, not to say 'I told you so' or anything, but... I told you so."

I laughed. "Yes, you did tell me so."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

*Why yes, I did just break the fourth wall. Problem? ~JJ

AUTHOR'S NOTE: I apologize, but I have little time to write my fanfictions lately. Plus writer's block. Please just deal with me. I'm trying here. I promise. ~JJ