Reunions

Adam walked down the crowded street, keeping his head down. Sure, for the most part he didn't have any problems with fans. After all, he didn't have many when it came down to it. There was the occasional girl, though, who would notice and start freaking out. He didn't like having such delays and was cautious for this very reason.

It was rare to stumble upon such a girl, and though he found it endearing and rather flattering, today was not a day for delays. He had a tight schedule because of his tour and had someone to meet with before the show that evening. No, delays wouldn't do at all.

All at once, something caught his eye. Just a flash of something in his peripheral vision, but it was indeed there and indeed real. He turned his head to catch a better glimpse and suddenly she was there, sitting on a bench across the street. Her name was Echo, and she was pretty, of course, but he didn't think of her in any romantic way. That wouldn't be right. Not at all, for one did not simply think of their sister in a romantic fashion. That just wasn't done. Even if you were a minor Greek god in the modern age and she was too. They were full-blooded siblings, and besides, the age difference was far too great for them to ever have such feelings for each other. 12 years made all the difference.

12 years, that was, and shared blood combined. Adam remembered when he had first met her, almost a year before now, on her 14th birthday. He still remembered it. She'd originally been one of those girls, running up the Half-Blood Hill to greet him when he arrived at Camp Half-Blood shouting "OHMIGODS, OHMIGODS, OHMIGODS! IT'S ADAM YOUNG! BEST. BIRTHDAY. EVER!"

Of course, she'd gathered herself quickly and hadn't freaked out too much when he had been claimed by both Apollo and Athena whom were her parents as well, though she had let her guard down slightly and said, much to her dismay later in time, "You mean I've had a crush on my brother this whole time?"

It had been somewhat awkward but he had been able to clear it up with a simple "No comment" which quickly led on to a conversation about how saying the words "no comment" was actually contradictory, because that was, in fact, a comment.

Smiling to himself, he made his way across the street and slid onto the bench next to her. "Hey Sis," he said.

She looked at him, a smile spreading across her small face, lighting up not just her facial features, but her entire petite body and the sort of aura she carried about her that Adam knew wasn't just because she was a goddess.

"Adam!" She hugged him with such force that he found it ever-so-slightly difficult to breathe. Despite the intensity of her sisterly affection, he hugged her back. For when one is a Greek god or a demigod, they take anything good that they can, and they take it as a blessing. Though, of course, anything good was nothing short of a blessing when the gods were concerned.