Case File 2: Bunnyburrow Burglary Part 1

Start from the beginning

"Besides, this is your family we're talking about. If they're in danger, we'd be happy to help." 

"Oh, looks like we're here," Martin pointed at Bunnyburrow's train station.

"And look who came to see us," Nick smirked. They stood up and saw a whole litter of bunnies. Standing in front were two bunnies, a male and female. 

"Those are my parents," Judy explained to me. As soon as the train stopped, the doors slid open. The group then rolled their suitcases with them as they got off the train. Judy excitedly ran up to the couple.

"Judy!" They smiled at their daughter.

"Hi mom! Hi dad!" she dove right in to a hug. As they released her, they greeted Nick.

"Hello Nick," Mrs. Hopps shook his paw. 

"Hi Mrs. Hopps."

"Nick," Mr. Hopps tipped his cap, "I hope you're taking good care of our daughter?"

"He is, dad," Judy went up to Nick and hugged him, "I don't know what I would do without him." Her parents smiled at them.

[I was so touched by how caring these mammals were, despite being natural enemies.] 

"Oh, guys," Judy came up to Martin and I, "these are my friends from work. This is Martin..."

"Hello," Martin greeted them. 

"Oh, hello," Mr. Hopps shook his paw and smiled. 

"And this.... is Sapphire," Judy grabbed my wrist, pulling me towards them. I often get shy, but I smile to ease my anxious self.

"Hello Mr. and Mrs. Hopps," I waved at them.

"Well I'll be," Mr. Hopps said in astonishment, "we're meeting the famous Lovell officer. How do ya like that, Bonnie?"

"Oh, Stu," Bonnie rolled her eyes, "don't make her feel nervous. We're very glad to meet you, miss Lovell."

"Please, call me Sapphire." 

"Well, we shouldn't doddle on here," Mr. Hopps implied, "let's get you guys back to our farm." 

We walked along the rocky path. Judy couldn't help but giggle, seeing Martin and I surrounded by her siblings; some were on top of Martin, while others were pulling me by the end of my shirt. I was carrying one of Judy's youngest sisters, Elizabeth. I glanced at Martin, who had two bunnies pulling his ears. I could tell he was trying to tolerate the pain. 

"Hey, you kids behave now," Mr. Hopps warned them. 

"Sapphire," Elizabeth called me. I looked at her from my shoulder. 

"Yes?" 

"Are you coming to the festival?"

"Festival?"

"Its the Carrot Day festival," Judy explained, "there will be all sorts of games, and food that animals from our hometown cook especially." 

"Oh, yeah," Mr. Hopps said, "we always enter our prize carrots for the blue ribbon contest. We'll be sure to win this year, won't we honey?" Bonnie smiled at him. 

"You two remind me of how Nick and Judy look at each other," I thought out loud. Judy was blushing while Nick smiled. Bonnie giggled at their embarrassed state. 

"Oh, here we are," Bonnie gestured her paw towards the house. It was next to the large fields of vegetables. Good thing I love carrots. When we approached the house, a large mammal was already there to greet us.