I'm not mad at her anymore, not really.

But I do think I owe it to her to let her have her peace and finish her song. I would just have to wait and suffer until it's finish and I can hear it. With nothing else to do, though, I decide it's probably best for me to go home. There was really nothing for me to do here.

I pick up my purse from the living room and head to the door. Before leaving, I decide to leave Y/N a note telling her that I've gone home. I grab a small piece a scrap paper and take a pen out from my purse.

Thought it would be better if I go home and be less of a distraction. Talk to you later - Ari

Thinking that would do, I left the note on the living room coffee table, and head out.

It had been about two hours since I had left YN's house. I was all alone at my apartment watching lame romance movies in my bedroom. I was in nothing but one of Y/N's flannel button down shirts and a lacy pair of boyshorts. It was one of the few times I had to just relax.

I pause my current movie, Endless Love, and decide some popcorn and soda wouldn't be such a bad idea. I jog down the stairs and into the kitchen looking for the microwavable popcorn. Suddenly, I hear a noise in the front room. This is why I hated being alone. The thought of someone breaking in when I'm home alone and defenselessly literally scared the piss out of me.

As the formidable sound only continues, I decide to go against every rational thought I have and go check it out. I sneakily tip-toe behind the wall that partly blocks the view of the front room and peer past it, only barely peeking out my head. The front door knob shakes rapidly and I realize someone's trying to get into the apartment.

The only option I can think of is to rush to the door and quickly lock the top lock, so I do that.

I run over to the door, barely putting a hand on the top lock before it bursts open. I'm quick to jump back, ready to run and flee my attacker when I look up and see who it is.

"Y/N! What the fuck are you doing here? You scared me half to death!" I yell.

"Relax, babe, it's me," she smiled warmly. "I have a key. Remember?"

Y/N did have the key to my house, I realize. I suppose between the surprise of her showing up here unsuspected, and me and my paranoia induced thoughts of being defenselessly robbed, I never really considered sensible explanations.

"I thought you were trying to rob me," I admit. Y/N laughs one of those deep, infection laughs and I fight back a smile and roll my eyes.

"I'm glad you find my deepest fears humorous and exploitable. Maybe next time you can take all of my childhood memories and burn them in a bonfire." I cross my arms and walk back to the kitchen with Y/N following a step behind.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to scare you, Ariana. I just wanted to see you," Y/N says. I turn around to face her and get an eye full of her beautiful, cheeky grin.

"I'm glad you can fit me into your schedule," I say, shrugging a shoulder.

"Oh... This is about earlier," she says.

"And on that topic, what is this?" She asks quirking an eyebrow up at me as she pulls a folded sheet of paper out of her pocket. She hands it to me and I open it up and read it. It's my note I left earlier.

"Clearly," I huff sarcastically. "It's a note. A 'goodbye', 'see you later' note, to be more specific."

"Your specifications don't really make it any less confusing."

"It's a 'I'm sorry for my terrible, distracting ways. I'll personally rid you of your burdens by going home,' note ."

"That's ridiculous," Y/N says shaking her head at me.