Part One

[One Week Later]

Viperpaw sat near the prey pile,  glancing nervously at Rushstar  every few minutes. He hadn't annoucnced a deputy yet. Apparently after learning about Mintstar's death, he was 'Too distressed.'

"You okay?" Lionpaw asked, coming to stand beside her.

She frowned. "He's breaking the warrior code."

"Huh? Oh, Rushstar?" He said in surprise, looking over at the leader. "He's just a tad bit upset, just like the rest of us."

The Snowshoe apprentice narrowed her eyes at the Himalayan tom sitting on the High rock. She had forgotten her friend hadn't seen the new leader drinking the blood of Mintstar.

"Don't be so uptight. It's not even that big of a rule." The tom cat said, rolling his eyes.

"Not that big of a rule?! Lionpaw, that's one of the biggest rules out there! Are you really that mouse-brained?" Viperpaw yelled, earning glances from some of the older warriors.

He frowned and stood up, "Are you okay Viper? You haven't been acting like your usual self.."

"Well I'm sorry that I haven't been acting like my 'usual' self, but how could you expect me too?! I saw the dead body of our leader!" She yowled in anger, stomping her front paws down.

Lionpaw stayed silent, having no argument left. "W..well you aren't the only one who saw her dead! I was there too!" He finally squeaked, less confident then before.

"You didn't see what I saw, Lionpaw. Be glad." The apprentice spat, "You'll never know what I saw!"

Bramblewind, the Medicine cat, had been watching from her den. "Viperpaw, come here please." She said gently, licking her paw.

The camp went silent. "You deserve whatever trouble you've got yourself into." Lionpaw whisper-hissed, walking into the apprentice den.

She trotted into the den in embarrassment, head hanging low. "I don't." She mumbled to herself.

Bramblewind narrowed her eyes at Lionpaw before welcoming the cat in, shutting the curtain of ivy behind here.

A/N

So sorry for the incredibly short chapter. I wanted to get an update to all of you but after my sister shut off my laptop and deleted two chapters yesterday night I feel a bit discouraged. <3 <3