"Almost everyone is taller than you." He said "It's like you never grow."

"Oh really?" I raised an eyebrow "You sure? Cause I can totally show you how I grow."

"What?" He furrowed his eyebrows before his face became redder.

"Just kidding." I laughed, shaking my head, in progress caught the glaring eyes of Parkinson "Your girlfriend is jealous, I think."

He turned his head to look at Parkinson dancing with Crabbe, her face red in anger, then turned back.

"She's not my girlfriend, I've told you before." He said.

"They look great together." I motioned to Crabbe and Parkinson, smiling mischievously.

"You think?" He motioned to Juliette and Zabini "They make a great couple."

"They're not together yet, but they swoon over each other." I watched my best friend dancing with her crush.

"Do you like Weasley?" He suddenly asked.

"You mean George? No." I shook my head "We're friends. I think he likes Angelina Johnson better. Why?"

"It's nothing." He said.

"Do you like Parkinson, then?"

"No." He said looking at the pig-faced girl "Not even one bit."

-----

On our Hogsmeade trip, I almost didn't want to go. Just the thought of bumping into the Durmstrang boys and meeting that bastard again made me want to go insane. But Juliette and Hermione reminded me that I hadn't gotten a dress for the night of the Yule Ball, so I forced myself out of bed that morning and joined the two at the gate.

"My mom already sent me a dress, so today I'll be your dress advisor." Juliette announced.

"No thanks." I said "I don't trust your sense in clothing."

We went to a dress shop and found dozens of Hogwarts girls there, searching for their favorite dress. Hermione spotted her favorite one in the rows of light colored dresses and parted ways with us immediately. I stood there and watched as she pulled out a floor-length and layered pink dress. She grinned and ran back to us with the dress.

"I like this one." She said.

"Then buy it, I think it'll fit." I nodded.

"Now to yours." Juliette dragged me towards to light colored row of dresses.

"Oh no, too bright." I said "They burn my eyes. See, that's why I don't trust your fashion sense."

I dragged her the other way to the less bright colored rows with darker shades of green, blue, white and black. There were less girls here, but I wasn't surprise to see Parkinson and Greengrass among them. They were looking at the glitter grey dresses and looked up to see me. Parkinson curled up her lips.

"You also have a date?" She fake gasped "I can't believe it."

"And you do?" I asked "Going with Crabbe? You two had a great time dancing together the other day."

"I'm invited by my Draco Malfoy." She smirked "After all your attempts to seduce him, he's still mine."

"Oh him?" I laughed "Good luck with that, Parkinson."

She huffed, grabbed the sleeveless, knee-length body dress and went to the owner to pay the money. I laughed to myself, but I couldn't get the smile to reach my eyes. I didn't know why, but the news of Malfoy going to the Yule Ball with Parkinson didn't make me happy at all. But that was nonsense, I didn't like him, why should I care who he invited? Still, I felt like I cared.

I pulled out a floor-length, one-sleeve emerald dress with silver patterns and belt, a silver rose on the sleeve, its thorny silver vines ran down the sleeve and wrapped around the waist, above the silver belt. Juliette ran to the shoe shelves and brought back for me a pair of black high heels with emerald green sole and silver heels with a silver snake wrapping around the heal and reaching to the outer side of each heel. Satisfied with my choice, I paid for the dress and left with Hermione and Juliette. Those two girls couldn't stop saying how fantastic it would be. I was happy for them, Juliette went with Zabini and Hermione went with Krum, and I was glad to go with George, though I wasn't sure if I really wanted that.

"You know, after all those small conversations you've had with Malfoy, I thought he was going to invite you." Juliette said while lying on her bed.

"I invited George, and he doesn't like me, remember?" I said.

"Nor does he like Pansy Parkinson." She snorted "It's a pity, though. I really hoped you two would become something."

"What is something?" I asked.

"I don't know. Friends? A couple? Husband and wife? Something."

"Friends, probably." I said "And no, we're not going to be a couple or husband and wife."

But yes, it was a pity. She probably didn't know but I did wish it was him.