twenty.

"Would you like to explain to me why the hell you're supporting him in this?"

"I can't control what he does Hyung. Might as well give him the support he needs."

Yoongi sighed as he buried his feet deeper into the grass he and Mark sat on, frowning as he let the other spirit's words sink in.

"It's just going to hurt him." He huffed, Mark nodding and shrugging.

"And when it does, he's just going to have to know that he brought it upon himself." Mark replied, Yoongi humming in response before looking up when he sensed the presence of another next to him. "What's up Jeonghan?" He allowed a smile to replace his worried features once he noticed the younger spirit.

"Have you seen Jimin?" Jeonghan asked, sticking his hands in his pockets and swaying from side to side gently. Mark and Yoongi both shared a look.

"I'm pretty sure he went out for a walk." Mark lied, extremely aware from what Jimin told him earlier today that he was going to have a movie day with "Jungkookie".

He looked so happy when he was explaining his day plans that Mark couldn't find the heart to advise him against it, instead waving him off with a "have fun!".

"Why? What do you need?" Yoongi asked, the younger spirit shrugging and brushing a few strands of hair out of his face.

"Nothing in particular. I just like talking to him you know?" Jeonghan spoke, the other two spirits beside him nodding. "He knows how to make people happier. And it can be kind of hard to be happy when you're a spirit."

"I hear you." Mark agreed. "I suppose you just need to find something to keep you occupied and help you forget. That's what Jimin does to keep a smile on his face."

Jeonghan furrowed his eyebrows and sat down beside the two other spirits.

"What does he do?" He asked, Yoongi looking down and biting his lip before answering.

"I'm not quite sure, but it seems to be working."

--

"You're warm."

Jungkook chuckled at the spirit's words, planting a quick kiss atop the crown of his head and rubbing his his hand up and down Jimin's bicep.

"Why thank you."

The fourth movie in their marathon played in the background of their exchange of words, the bright moving scenes across the screen illuminating their faces in the dark. One blanket covered the both of them, Jimin resting his head on the younger's shoulder as he watched a story play out before him.

But Jungkook had something he wanted to say since their double confession. It was six words. Six words that he knew would make Jimin happy, so why wouldn't his tongue let him speak them?

He wanted to confess his feelings before he committed to what he needed to tell the spirit, knowing he'd never forgive himself if he left without letting him know.

It's what Jimin always wanted right? It was the only reason he was a spirit in the first place. Jungkook could think of at least four other spirits that would benefit if he went through with what he was thinking.

But he would lose all of his friends. Taehyung would hate him, Seokjin would hate him, but it wasn't like he had any family to hate him did he? His dad was.. Somewhere. And it's known what happened to his mom and brother. He never met his grandparents, so it wouldn't surprise him if they didn't even know that he existed.

You can't run away forever Jungkook. You might as well stop living in fear.

"Hyung I have something I need to tell you." Jimin looked up at Jungkook's words, raising an eyebrow and turning slightly so that he could face him fully.

"It sounds pretty important."

Jungkook nodded and picked up Jimin slender hand to trace patterns across the skin there.

"I've been thinking about telling you this since I told you that I loved you.
A-And I don't know how soon I'll be able to follow through with it but.." Jimin frowned as Jungkook paused and waited for him to continue. "I'm going to turn myself in."

Jimin froze, attempting to figure out if he heard the younger correctly or not.

"Y-You're going to turn yourself in?" He asked, Jungkook nodding in conformation.

"You need me to Hyung. I love you so much but you had to know that our relationship is absolutely crazy and is not made to last." Jungkook's voice breaking on the last word. "I'm setting you free because I want the best for you. Keeping you here with me would only be selfish."

"If he doesn't like you back it's not like he can keep you away. If he does, maybe he'll love you enough to turn himself in."

"Are you being serious? You're not fucking with me?" Jimin wiped at his eyes as he saw Jungkook nod, leaning closer and resting his forehead against the spirit's.

"I'd never kid around about this." He whispered, looking into Jimin's eyes. "You deserve this and... It might be tough on me but that's what love is about right? Sacrifice?"

Jimin shook his head, feeling Jungkook's breath against his skin.

"I think it's about both people carrying equal burdens, and if they're unequal, it's about helping to lessen the weight. You lessened the weight of mine, and never be able to thank you enough for that." Jungkook smiled at Jimin's words, studying the way his brightly coloured hair fell upon his tanned skin, adorable freckles dotting sparsely across his face. His captivating eyes and beautiful smile.

He was breathtaking.

And he felt guilty that he was the only one who could witness his beauty.

"You lessened mine too you know." Jungkook smiled, leaning a tad closer and giggling when his nose brushed against the spirit's. "I'll be locked up for life probably, considering I've been responsible for many more deaths than just yours but - You gave me enough happiness to last a lifetime."

"Will you miss me?" Jimin's words were soft as he intertwined his fingers with the younger's, Jungkook nodding softly.

He was terrified to lose Jimin actually, the thought if being alone for the rest of his life causing him great distress

But Jimin deserved this.

"It would be hard not to."