Chapter 41: Lost Boy?

Start from the beginning

Yep, that's right. I stood on it so therefore I own it. What are you gonna do about it? Hmm? Hmm?!

With Raymond standing in front of me intimidatingly, I should probably stop talking to myself inside myself.

That could not have sounded any weirder.

Before I can talk to myself even more, Raymond smiled at me innocently. I know that smile; it means crap is about to go down. And I don't mean from Jordan's ass.

"To what do I owe this honor, King Jackass?" I asked, breaking the silence. The hallways quieted down until the only thing you could hear was everyone's breathing,

"Nothing, sweetheart. Just wondering how many scars are on that pretty little arm of yours," Raymond answered. I sucked my breath in surprise.

I looked at him with a horrified face. "Raymond, don't. You wouldn't."

Raymond raised an eyebrow, as if he was challenging me. "I wouldn't?"

Of course he would. He's Raymond for Pete's sake. 

I shook my head. "But, you promised..."

He scoffed, "Don't you get it, geek? Secrets are never kept and promises are always broken. Life isn't fair. I mean, you should know -- your life sucks big time with your parents abusing you at home all the time."

It was as if he stabbed me. It was as if all those punches he gave me in life somehow combined together and hit me harder than I ever imagined.

Okay, it's not understand. Some (*cough cough* most) people would think that all this time that I should have realized Raymond would stab me in the back and that I was the stupid one all along.

And those people are right...half-way. The guy I met in the summer wasn't the guy I was talking to right now. The guy I met was much more kinder and sweeter. It may seem unbelievable now, but it's true. I just thought...I just hoped that he didn't change, or if he did that he would change back. For some unknown reason, though he has changed and I have to realize that maybe he can't come back, no matter how much hope one has.

I locked eyes with Raymond. "I hate you."

He seemed stunned with my response, but I kept talking.

"Gosh, I hate you. Why? Just tell me why? Why are you so cruel? What's the point of all of this? What's your purpose? Does it make you happy to seem people miserable? Is that happiness to you, asshole? Gosh, you're such a douche bag. Actually, I'm a douche bag for always defending you and hoping you would change into the guy I fell in love with that summer. But-"

I was cut off by Raymond pushing me against the locker and punched my mouth. I cried out loud from the impact of my back hitting the lockers and tasted the metallic taste of blood in my mouth. Just when Raymond was about to say something, a voice broke out from the crowd.

"Couldn't even let her finish the friggin' speech, jackass?" The voice asked.

Leave it to Declan to state the obvious.

"Dude, you're so unbelievable. You remind me of the prunes I ate this morning. You always leave diarrhea in my stomach from the sight of you."

Leave it to Jordan to make a heated and serious conversation sound disgusting.

"You'll never learn. You don't understand how much pain and suffering you'll get after this. In fact, today's only the beginning."

Leave it to Bennett to sound so threatening...and cool at the same time.

"You're so confused and hurt, Raymond. More than anyone here can ever understand. More than even I can understand. But I don't want to understand because it may make me turn as cruel as you one day."