9. pinky fucking promise

Start from the beginning

"I know, but I want to." Calum took a deep breath and looked at Ashton with a small smile on his lips. "I'm straight."

The car became silent as the two boys stared at each other's eyes. Calum was happy, maybe too happy for his own good and Ashton was scared shitless. Calum could understand why he felt that way taking in consideration all that happened with his brother.

"It's fine Ash, I'll be fine, I promise."

The older boy sighed and rested his forehead against the wheel. "That's what Axl told me, Calum. He promised it would be fine, that he would change people's mind. Look where he is now." His words were choked and Calum knew tears were already falling from Ashton's eyes. "He left me, he promised he would be fine, Cal! Everyone leaves, you're gonna get hurt and people w-will hate you and you'll leave me." It was tough for Calum to see his bestfriend crack like this again, Ashton had been so strong and Calum's out loud confession made him break down.

"Ash, man, look at me." Calum called but the sobbing boy kept his head on the steering wheel. When Ashton didn't look up Calum sighed and grabbed his friend's face. "Ashton, I'd rather be on so much emotional pain that it tears me apart than leaving you, I will never leave you. Pinky fucking promise." Calum stretched his pinky and intertwined it with Ashton's. "I love you, Ash."

"I love you too, Calum."

-

When Calum walked into the school building with Ashton by his side he spotted Danny and Morgan making out like every other morning, Shelly and Lisa were also obnoxiously laughing but surprisingly this time Calum didn't feel bored out of his mid because he had to see this every morning. Calum was happy for Danny and Morgan and he was glad Shelly and Lisa were always this joyful in the morning. Everything seemed brighter.

The two boys met his other two friends leaning against Calum's locker whispering to each other and even from a bit far away Calum could notice Michael's red cheeks. When they reached the giggling boys Calum flashed them a big smile making them stop giggling and look at him like they had just seen a ghost.

"Hey, Michael. Can I talk to you for a second?" Calum's voice was quiet but Luke and Michael almost choked on their own spit, they rarely heard Calum speak. 

"S-Sure, Cal."

Calum gently wrapped his fingers around Michael's wrist and dragged him a couple steps away from Luke and Ash.

"Luke likes you a lot, he's just too shy to ask you out, you should do it because it's obvious he likes you too." The tanned boy leaned in slightly and whispered to make sure Luke didn't hear. He was tired of their skinny love, if it meant Luke and Michael would feel half as happy as Calum did he would do anything to get them together.

"Oh, are you sure?"

Calum almost laughed at his friend's face but decided not to. "Yes, I'm sure."

The bell rang and Calum flinched at the loud noise, he patted Michael's shoulders and sent him one last smile before walking back to Ashton and Luke. 

Calum kissed Ashton's cheek like he did every morning and walked to his class. Unfortunately, he didn't have any classes with Zara that day but on the bright side both of them had no afternoon classes.

to: doll

come over for lunch at mine's

He sat on his assigned sit and looked around, most chairs were still empty because usually everyone was late, even the teacher.

Calum waited patiently for Zara to return his text while he saw students pilling up inside the classroom.

The teacher came in and started lecturing the class about physics. The boy actually payed attention this time, that is, until his phone vibrated in his pocket.

from: doll

damn so much time together, you'll get bored of me

to doll:

impossible, cmoooon i miss u

from: doll

alright, meet u at the gate at lunch time

to: doll

cool, c u there

-

The morning seemed to go by at an agonisingly slow pace but in all honestly Calum didn't mind, he took his time to appreciate the little things about his life. Like how Maya always sent him a wink and wiggled her eyebrows every time they crossed on the hall which made Calum chuckle. 

Even though Calum was having a great day the peek was when he walked out off school with Ashton by his side and spotted Zara leaning against the gate.

"Jesus, Calum, don't be so obvious." Ashton scoffed and Calum tried his best to hide the huge smile on his face.

"'M sorry."

Ashton rolled his eyes and saw how difficult it seemed for Calum when they reached Zara. He was restricting himself from hugging her and kissing her or even just hold her hand, to feel her close. 

The three of them started walking to Ashton's car while talking about their days.

"Oh, Cal, I saw Mason looking at you a lot in the hallway, I think he has a lil crush on you." Ashton said before giggling and unlocking his car.

"Oh, really?" Zara smirked and crossed her arms after getting in the backseat.

The raven haired boy ignored them both and got in the passenger seat. He had noticed Mason staring at him in different occasions but Calum never though of it as a crush. Maybe Mason just felt bad for Calum because he was constantly sad and maybe today he was staring at him more than usual because he was weirdly happy.

"He does not." Calum rolled his eyes and listened to Ashton and Zara talk about how obsessed Mason was over Calum.

"Should I drop you both at your place?" Ashton asked and started the car.

Calum nodded and sighed happily, he looked at the rear view mirror to watch his beautiful girl smile at something she saw through the window.

For once in his life, things were going right for Calum Hood. Not everything, there was still a small part of him that was screaming to leave Zara, to protect himself because she'll leave him for some girl when she understands she was just confused. It screamed that there was still time to leave before he gets in too deep. It screamed that people will find out and that they'll hurt him and his love. However, the boy pushed all those thoughts away and continued to watch Zara as she laughed over something Ashton had said. She was too precious to get hurt, Calum wouldn't let it happen. They would be fine. 

-

BRAND NEW MOVES IS SO GOOD IM SO PROUD OF HEY VIOLET GUYS IM AKDHAJF

cal is officially out to ash aw

thoughts on this shiat

calum's new point of view to the world?

the contrast between him now and before his huge yikEs will he get back to how he was before? 

ash's reaction? my precious lil baby im 

this guy mason having a crush on cal? 

that final paragraph tho........................................

ps dont forget to read weak!

-kourt