Chapter 40 - Jamal's Girl

Start from the beginning

I shook my head . "We need to go get him." I said .

"We need to play it smart Jamal . He's out now so that means he could have easily met up with his people and planned a hit out on us . So what you need to do is keep your kids and Ronnie on lockdown . Im doing the same to Liberty and Jahlil."

"Youre right." I nodded as i stood to my feet . I allowed Fabian to eat the rest of the food . "But what should we do about this man? We cant let him roam free knowing that he took my family away. I still want to know why he did that." I explained . I still havent gotten the chance to interogate him only because I was too busy thinking about the saftey of my kids so i allowed him to live for a few days .

"Lets just lay low . The police is high on this investigation so lets just let this cool down for about a week or so . If we see him on plain sight then we'll go into action . You feel me? Just calm down . Everything gone work out smoothly." He reassures me .

"Aight love." I nodded my head .

"And Jamal?"

"Whats up?"

"Theres something you got to know about Ginger." He saids .

"Wassup?" I frowned .

"Sh-" Just then someone begin to knock on the door with a heavy force .

"Hold on man." I sat my phone down then made my way to the door . I opened it to see David's cousin , Maris .

"Whats going on with you?" I looked him up and down .

"Ayee man , something done happened to your baby moms." He saids frantically .

"Ronnie?" I questioned .

"Faith man . Shes in the hospital. Lets go man!" He gestures me .

What the fuck done happened now ?

....

Fabian and I walked out of the elevators and started walking down the long spacious hallway . I didnt know what to expect when i see Faith . All i know is that she was hurt badly and wanted to talk to me . We finally reached her room and honestly i hesitated to walk in .

I heavily breathed in then i pressed down on the door handle , slowly letting the door open . Fabian peeped in before I did .

"Jamal?" A weak voice called out my name before i could even fully enter the room . When i finally walked in , I nearly fainted .

"Faith what happened to you?" I asked as i stood by the door . The whole left side of her face was burned awfully . She had a bandage over her right eye .

She lightly shrugs . "Just being hardheaded . thats all."

I wasnt sure how i should react to her in this condition . Im not sure if i should be remorseful or angry . I sat Fabian in the chair next to her bed . I decided to stand .

"Who did this?" I asked her .

"You cant protect Ronnie forever Jamal.." She sniffles . "Sooner or later they will get her too."

I shook my head . "Shes very much protected because shes with me . Im sure nothing will happen to her . You see Fabian is fine." I gestured towards him . She looks his way and attempts to smile .

"Cameron wanted me to die so badly. He told me that soon my son will join me and I asked him why his goal is to destroy everything that you created .. and you know what he told me?"

I stood emotionless . "He said that you took away everything that not only he created but his family as well .. Your dad .." She coughs . "He was planning to get to your dad but he see that he's planning against you anyway so he just backed away from him.."