Chapter 40 - Jamal's Girl

1 Week Later

Jamal

After taking my morning shower , I went to Fabian's and Jai's room . Fabian was wide awake while spitting out bubbles but Jai was not laying in her crib .

"Whats up lil man?" I greeted as I picked him up and blew into his cheek .

"Jay." I turned around to see Ronnie holding Jai . I was surprised to see them wearing the same outfit. They both had on the matching black north face coats with dark blue skinny jeans . I would assume thats really mother and daughter goals .

"We're going to get the rest of my things from my place then im gone have to pick up Liberty so she can get my car then she gone drive your car back here ."

"Okay." I nodded . She smiles then walks out of the room but then she came back .

"Ooh and I have to go pick up some things for Fabian and Jai . You want anything while im out?" She questions .

"I want five strippers and three pit bulls." I joked .

"I can bring you one stripper that has one leg-"

"You know what you can go." I waved her off .

She erupted into laughter . I walked to her and kissed Jai on the nose . That caused her to smile up at me . I looked to Ronnie as she raised an eyebrwo .

"What?" I chuckled .

"Youre forgetting someone?" She tilts her head and glances at my lips .

"Aw dang my bad." I kissed Fabian on the forehead . He lightly mugged me .

"Jamal!" Ronnie whined .

"Give your sister a kiss." I leaned Fabian closed to Jai so he could plant a sloppy one on her nose .

"Ole sloppy lip self." Ronnie joked as she wiped the little saliva off Jai's nose .

Ronnie looked at me with a pout . I damn sure wasnt gone give in so easily but her lips looked so soft and delicant that before i even fully process it her my lips were on hers . I stepped away from her and lightly squinted at her .

She chuckles then waves goodbye as she walks out of the room .

I sighed . "I guess she she still have this affect on me son."

I carried Fabian downstairs so we could find us something to eat. I decided to fix us some waffles and bacon . Once I was done , I fixed a plate and grabbed Fabian out of his high chair . We went into the kitchen and sat on the couch , I propped my feet onto the coffee table then turned on the tv .

I absentmindely sat the remote down by Fabian and started puring syrup onto our waffles . He started pressing buttons .

"Aye man . Chill!" I scolded him and snatched the remote out of his hand . Instead of him throwing a tantrum , he grabbed one of the bacon . I shook my head .

"Breaking news outside of the industrial park of Menace Avenue , Charles Anderson was found chained to a heat pipe . He has severe burns on his hands and wrists . He was asked many times who were involved in this scheme but he refuses to give us any names as well as refusing to recieve medical attention."

"Wait..How did they find him?" I asked myself as i picked up my cell phone . Before i could even dial a number , David called . He was the person that i wanted to speak to .

"Ayee man . Did you watch the news?" I answered .

"Yea bruh . Who could have found him? Dont nobody go around there anymore. Its basically an abandon park with abandon buildings." He saids .