Prologue

Prologue

The Show

"Do you really think it's a good idea to get these children to work like adults?" Mrs Bingley said, still tried from her early rise to make this meeting. "They're very talented, yes. But it's a real risk."

"Well, they are teenagers, and they have stamina. Teenagers these days get less credit than what they deserve. I think it could really boost the lives of them," Mr Cartwright said, sipping his coffee to keep him awake. "A lot of teenagers would love something like this to happen to them."

"I saw them perform every night this week. Their final show is tonight. I think this show would be the best show to bring to Sydney," Mr Bumble said, knowing that this show would be the best show to bring to the audiences of Sydney. So many performing arts schools tried and none of them had the cut until his old friend Dene had told him about a school show he was directing. Of course he would come see it. And honesty, he fell in love with the show. It was perfectly done. There was a slight lack of dancing, yes, but otherwise this show would be perfect for the professional stage. He'd been in the business for years now and knew what audiences liked. This show would be something fresh to the classic show and to the theatre industry. Plus it would also give them an idea on if it's right to get teenagers to work in such a way. 

Mrs Bingley shrugged, "You're the boss Ed. I'll call Dene now," she said, getting on the phone to Dene.

____________________________________________________________

Meanwhile, about 4 hours away from Sydney, a group of about 35 school kids had one show to go until their immediate lives would change.