Jail Bird

RYLAND

I sat in this dirty ass holding cell and waited. What for? I don't know. Maybe Rue. Maybe my sister. I was going away for a minute no matter what.

I didn't wanna think about it but the smell of piss and grown ass niggas reminded me just what I wanted to forget.

"Aye, man, can I get my one phone call?" I stood up and asked the fat ass guard. He looked me up and down and came and opened the cell.

He grabbed me by my arm and pushed me towards the phones. I dialed TKs number and he answered confused.

"Wassup, bro? Why you calling me from lock up?" He asked.

I sighed into the phone and just told him everything. The girl he was on a date with, is my...was my girl. He was shocked and distraught.

"Aight, that isn't telling me why you locked up." He said.

"Tryyun, I beat her up aight? I been beating her. She ain't deserve it...but I didn't care. The fact that she was out with you and smiling and shit...pissed me off." I let the words fall out alot easier than I thought.

"Where the fuck is she at? Is she safe? Bra, you dumb as fuck. What the fuck you call me for??" He was enraged.

"To tell you, don't break her heart. She is allergic to crab meat...so are my girls. Her girls I mean. I just want you to love her better than I did. I know you can do it. Just don't put no baby up in her yet. Let me fall out of love before you fuck her." That was all I had to say and I hung up.

I knew she was done with me...shit, I was done with me! There is no explanation for what I did. I been doing this shit. I beat on my momma and I beat on Morgan. They forgave me but, I took away something that possibly coulda mended my relationship. Our baby.

Fat ass escorted me back to the holding cell and I waited to be booked and sent up top.

TRYYUN AKA TK

Ryland had to be one of the most punk ass niggas in the world. How could he even put his hands on that woman.

I'm not mad at her for being dishonest, I'm mad she put herself in a position to be put in harms way.

I went up to the hospital and they told me she had just had surgery.

"What the fuck did that nigga do?" I said punching the vending machine. A bag of chips fell from my assault and I looked around before grabbing them. I sat in the waiting room for hours before they told me visiting hours were over.

I came back every day to see her. We talked and she told me everything that had happened in her life. She told me her mother used to get abused by her father but he would always tell her he loved her and shit.

Rue was sweet and too damn good for Ryland. I met her kids and they welcomed me with open arms. I guess anyone was better than Ryland to them at the moment.

"It's okay to go home, Tryyun. I'll be fine." She said sitting up in the hospital bed. I was laying next to her half asleep.

"You always tryna get rid of me. Just let me love on you, woman." I told her. I put my head on her chest and she laughed at me.

She ran her hands through my hair and rubbed my scalp.

"You need a haircut. Like...bad." She told me.

"I'll get one when I leave." I yawned.

"TK, your ass hasn't left in a week! Take your behind home and sleep in a real bed. I'm not going anywhere." She grabbed my ear and rubbed it and I started to drift off again.

"TK!" She yelled.

I jumped up and looked around confused.

"Woman, all that hollering you doing. Somebody better be dying!" I told her.

She giggled and smirked at me.

She looked so beautiful to me. Her face had healed and she was bruise free.

"Go home. Please?" She poked out her bottom lip and I kissed it.

"Fine. But, I'll be back." I reassured her. She took me by my chin and kissed me.

"I know. Bye, crazy." She said watching me put on my jacket.

"Bye, crazier." She laughed and I kissed her again before leaving.

I got in my car and went to the prison. I was gonna keep it all the way real with Ryland. He may be my "bro" but he messed that girl up emotionally.

I signed a paper and wrote in his name and the time and gave it to the clerk.

"Sixth Floor." She said.
"Thank you."

I got into the elevator along with other people and pushed the six.

"Girl, he better be lucky I'm even visiting his ass. He think ion know that he had that other bitch up here. Thats why I couldn't visit his ass last week." This child couldn't be no more than 18 and her belly was poking out showing a very large belly.

"Lakreesha, shut up. That nigga got life. I'm baffled to why you still got me walking up here with your fat ass. He shot and killed somebody!" Her friend said.

"Allegedly ." She said sounding out each syllable.

Her friend rolled her eyes and they got out. I followed and there were a bunch of tables and I looked around and spotted him.

I squinted and shook my head.
They did him bad.
I had heard that once people found out what you did, if it had anything to do with women or children, the people in here will fuck you up.

That's what he get. His eye was swollen shut and his lip was fat as hell. Dumb ass nigga. He had stitches on his eyebrow and I had to hold in a laugh.

He dead ass looked stupid as fuck.

"Damn, dumb fuck, what happened to you?" I asked sitting across from him.

He looked at me and sighed.

"Man, I got a nigga in here locked up." He said. I didn't feel no type of sympathy for dude.

"Oh well. So, Ima keep it short and sweet for you. Me and Rue and the kids, we're moving. As soon as the twins graduate, we going to L.A. and Ima treat your family the way you should have. That woman deserve nothing but the best. When you get out, if you make it out alive, you are gonna stay away from all of us. Feel me? I'm aware that's your family, but you fucked up big time. Ion want you to be confused about shit. You understand what I just said?" I asked looking right in his opened eye.

He nodded and I grabbed his hand and shook it.

"You still dumb as fuck though. Be easy in here." I said and I walked out.

I got to my car and looked in my mirror. My girl was right. I needed a haircut in the worst way.

Ima treat Rue right, and that's on my soul.