Chapter Twenty One

August 27th

"Get your lazy ass up or you're gonna be late on the first day!"

"I'm awake, I just don't know what to wear Alex." I shouted back and I heard the footsteps on the stairs.

As he stepped into my room and looked me up and down, he started laughing which caused me to scowl at him.

"You wanna go with trendy but nothing that makes people assume stuff. Keep them guessing from day one." Automatically, I went for the skinny jeans and he nodded his head. "Wear a black vest underneath it and hold on."

He disappeared from my room, so I took the opportunity to get changed. I felt too exposed in this shirt.

"Alex, what are you looking for?" I called out, opening my door to find him standing there with a grin.

"I figured you were getting changed. Add on this." He held out a red plaid shirt and I shrug into it.

It was huge on my small frame, which told me that it was Alex's. But not only was it comfortable, it was comforting. I didn't feel so nervous about going to school.

"And lets add on this." He took the beanie that had been covering his messy hair and sat it neatly on mine.

"Anything else, oh great fashionista Gaskarth?" He grinned before taking out his phone and we had a morning selfie. I couldn't resist on pulling a dorky face, so he pouted before posting it to instagram. "I really hope that there aren't fans of the band at school. Like, the ones who try too hard." He snickered and kissed my cheek before telling me to hurry and that breakfast was ready.

By the time I had eaten, he'd gotten changed and we were both in the car. I had my bag and money for school and he was ready to do a bit of press for the new album,

"You excited?" The drive to school wasn't too long, but long enough to start up the butterflies.

"More nervous than excited." I admitted and he squeezed my hand.

"Well I've explained everything to the school so they know what's going on. But for now, just enjoy the day and try to make new friends."

"Easy for you to say." He grinned at me before pulling up to the school.

"Want me to come in with you?" I shook my head and he laughed, pulling me into a tight hug, kissing my forehead. "I'll text you if I can't pick you up. Cass will probably be waiting for you. Sound good?" I simply nodded and grinned. "Now scat, you've got friends to make."

"Have a good day." I called behind me as I left the car.

"You too kiddo!" Came the response and I waved before making my way up into the school.

To say I was terrified was and understatement. Clearly kids hadn't expected to see a new face in the school and because it was one of the more local high schools, it seemed that everyone knew most faces.

By the time I'd reached the office, I was shaking like a leaf.

The woman at the desk smiled warmly at me.

"How can I help you dear?"

"I uh, I'm here to pick up my timetable?" She gave me a confused look before understanding my words.

"It's schedule honey, but don't worry. You'll learn the lingo eventually." I gave off a nervous laugh. I'd forgotten that they had different words.

"Sorry, it's all still a bit new to me."

"Well, Charlia Gaskarth, I hope you have a good day, get the teachers to sign the slip and then bring it back to me. And you can tell me about your day." I gave her a nervous smile as I took the things she handed me, looking over my timetable before checking over the map she'd given me.