Chapter Six

January 24th

The past month had been hectic. I still sent a letter to Alex, even after I found out who he was, but it gave me more questions to ask him.

My court case was going well against Casey and Everett. There were still complications which I'd asked not to be informed of unless absolutely necessary. I was dealing with the kids at school as well as the fact that my biological father was fighting to get me back.

But Rosie was putting up a good fight for me and I was adamant that I don't go back. And today helped our case, because I was sixteen. Which meant that today was also the day of the All Time Low show.

I'd written my letter to Alex, but I was going to give it to him in person. I wanted to show him who I really was and I figured that this was the best way. My letter wasn't due for another three days, but I was bringing his letter with me as well, incase he didn't believe me.

Rosie had told me that I didn't have to go into school today, for which I was grateful. The exam resits were today, and that meant that the kids had more chances to attack me because the teachers weren't as focused.

"C'mon Charlia!" Rosie yelled and I ran down the stairs, clutching the tickets. Jake was meeting us at the venue and Rosie was picking us both up afterwards.

"You got the letters?"

"Check!"

"Tickets?"

"Check!"

"Passes?"

"Check, check!" I yelled and she laughed. It was only ten am, but apparently, Rosie had a surprise waiting for me, so I didn't argue.

The drive was usually long and boring, but Rosie had gotten a copy of Dirty Work, and so we were listening to it as she drove to Birmingham. It was a nice change and I fet the excitement build up. I didn't know what to do with myself.

Once we got there, there were already fans who were queuing up. I spotted Jake easily.

I bolted for him and he picked me up, swinging me around as he yelled 'HAPPY BIRTHDAY' in my ear.

"I'm so excited, like, oh my god." I squealed and he laughed as Rosie finally caught up with us and went to the venue doors, buzzing through.

"Hello?" The voice came through the system and I raised an eyebrow at Jake who just shrugged.

"Hi there, I'm Rosie Chasky. I arranged with the venue manager to come in early with the kids?"

"Oh! Just come on through." We followed Rosie into the building and I was quite grateful. It was warmer in here than it was out there.

"Hi there!" This guy who looked to be in his twenties came out of the booth. "So you're Rosie, which means you're Charlia and you must be Jake?" He pointed to each of us in turn and I just nodded. "Cool. By the way Charlia, happy birthday." He grinned. "Now if you'd like to follow me."

We did and Rosie called out that she'd see us later. This left me in more confusion, but I simply waved to her and continued to follow the guy.

"My name's Kevin by the way. I'm manager of this place and Rosie phoned up and explained a lot of things. So I figured that we should be able to give you a rockin' birthday gift." I grinned briefly as my eyes searched the empty venue, the instruments set up on stage, causing my heart to beat a little bit faster.

We went through another door which led into a maze of corridors, but eventually, we came to stop outside of one which had a sign labelled 'All Time Low dressing room'.