Chapter Three

August 23rd

"Fuck sake." I growled at the piece of paper that was sat in front of me. It was like nothing could be written down. My brain wasn't working and it was frustrating. Sure, we didn't have a time limit.

But I wanted to give back to the fans.

As I sat there, my phone went off, alerting me to an email. I didn't check it instantly as I looked at time first, a sigh escaping my lips. It was already four in the afternoon. I was finishing in about an hour, so I simply closed the notepad, put the guitar away and walked out of the studio. Usually I could write good things whilst holed up, but this time it wasn't happening.

Once I was in the car, I checked the email that I'd gotten.

'IN NEED, PEN PALS.'

Looking at the title, I rolled my eyes. How it made it into the main inbox, I was stumped. But I clicked on it anyway.

'Dear Mr Gaskarth,

I know that you have an incredibly busy schedule, but I contacted your manager and requested to get in contact with you. I proposed the idea to him and he said that it was okay to go ahead and email you.

I just want a few brief moments of your time. We have a project where our students write to a pen pal. Originally, the idea was scrapped, but seeing kids now-a-days with technology, we decided to reconsider. We've been asking around for Thirty pen pals. We've currently got twenty eight as I write this email out to you. I just need a reply from yourself and one other person involved.

I'm emailing to request your help with this project. We have a system in place and background checks already done. We just need the permission from the celebrity to participate. In this case, I'm asking you.

If you could get back to me ASAP, that would be brilliant.

Many thanks,

Layla Lorrell.'

Looking at the email twice over, I let out a sigh.

How on earth would I be able to write a letter if I couldn't even write lyrics? But then again, it was something which could give me the right inspiration.

With that in mind, I started typing out a response.

'Dear Layla,

Firstly, call me Alex. I only ever hear Mr Gaskarth when people are talking to my dad. Secondly, I'm more than happy to help you out with this project. Once I get to a computer, I'll send over the right details to you and whatnot.

I look forward to hearing from you,

Alex.'

Once I'd sent that email off, I threw my phone to the middle compartment of the car and started up the engine, making my way back home.

If I was going to get any inspiration, there was hope that it'd be sooner rather than later.

****

September 25th

Loud barks and scuffles along the hardwood floor alerted my senses that my dogs were currently jumping everywhere. Pulling back my eye lids, I glared in the directoin of the noisey animals before sighing and pushing myself from the bed to see what had gotten them both worked up.

"Sebastian! Peyton!" I called and both dogs came barrelling into the room. "Stop." I held my gaze and both got the message quickly as they sat down, patiently staring up at me. I couldn't resist the grin that was tugging at my lips before fussing them both.