Chapter Thirteen

April 13th

Exams had started two weeks ago. This was probably the most stressful part of my life. People never bothered to throw insults at me.

That was, apart from Ellie, but I had a simple threat that would get her to leave me alone for good.

March 31st

The school day was over. Because of my physiotherapy, it seemed that my leg was healing better than expected. It helped that the break was clean and straight.

Debating on what I should pack for Alex's, I sensed that someone was following me down the road. Ignoring them, I focused on the corner as when I turned that corner, Jake was waiting for me. It took a lot of convincing on my part to get him to do this, but it was still nice knowing that he cared.

"Hold up." I groaned.

"What, Ellie?" I paused, letting her catch me up. Withint seconds she was stood in front of me.

"See, I don't like this new attitude. It seems that my girls agree with me. So you need to pack this in before things go wrong for you all over again." I didn't hesitate to put my crutch on her foot, leaning my weight on it which caused her to yelp.

"And I don't like your attitude. I know it was you who pushed me in Ellie, I remember. Now, I'm not going to call you out because I've got my own problems with Casey as well as my estranged father. But I swear to god, if you cause any more shit for me throughout this school year, I will not hesitate to go to the police."

Her face paled and I felt a strange feeling in my gut. It took a second to realise that it was pride.

"You-you wouldn't dare." She stumbled out and I couldn't stop the smirk.

"Watch your step." I moved the crutch off her foot and manouvered around her, making my way to the car.

"You're three minutes late, what happened?" I grinned as I buckled myself in.

"Just a hold up in the hallways, no biggie." I lied easily as he pulled away from the curb and made his way to the home."

For the first time, I stood up for myself without someone doing it for me.

Today, I was travelling over to America. Alex has promised that he'd be at the airport waiting.

Much to Rosie's reluctance, I was spending all of my Easter holiday's over there, but it was comforting to me and it meant that I got to spend as much time with the person who was going to officialy adopt me when I finished High School.

So here I was, finally leaving the plane with my carryon slung over my shoulder and my small suitcase trailing behind me.

As I made my way through baggage claim, I eventually found my case so I loaded my stuff onto a trolley, pushing it into the arrivals area. I'd thankfully lost the crutch a week prior, on the grounds that the bone was the correct structure in place. I had a brace on my foot and I could walk unassisted.

I spotted him easily and he literally bounded up to me like a puppy, pulling me into the tightest hug.

"Hey there kiddo. You ready to see the house?" I nodded my head excitedly. It was like Christmas all over again.

Alex showed me around the house, explaining that unlike most people who lived on their own, he had two extra guest bedrooms if his friends needed to crash at his.

"More often than less, you'll see someone turn up completely drunk and needing somewhere to sleep for the night." I laughed.

Once we dumped my bags in my room and I had a good look around before we sat down in the kitchen. area