Prologue

"What the hell, Britney? Why did you do it?" I yelled at her.

Britney was in tears as I yelled at her. "Baby, I didn't mean to cheat on you with your best friend. Babe, please, it's Brandon's fault. If he wasn't such a man manipulator who makes girls get with him none of this would have happened. He got me drunk when I was at his apartment. It's not my fault he can use his words so well to get me swoon. That doesn't matter, I love you, Justin. Not Brandon. You are my true love. We can't break up for a little mistake. I need you." She tugged on my dress shirt. "Don't leave,  baby!"

I was fed up with Britney's cheating. We had already gone through this situation several times. First with Wade, my ex-best friend, then with Jason, her childhood best friend, Raymond, my back-up dancer which I fired during the Justified/Stripped tour. Now it was Brandon, my supposively best friend I trusted from the first time I met the guy when he helped me make my new album, Futuresex/Lovesounds.

But in reality he was just an ass having sex with my girlfriend behind my back. Good thing that the album was already complete, I didn't have to find a replacement to finish off the album.

"Britney, I can't. . ." I surrendered my arms to her. I turned my head away from her. "I'm so ashamed. You've been such a disgrace to me. I'm not sure if I can ever trust you again. You've cheated on me several times, then you come and apologize to me and beg me to take you back. I take you back and the process starts over again. I'm sick of having you going around sucking your face on so many guys behind my back. It's over!" She fell on her knees and started to sob.

"Justin. Please, baby. Give me another chance. I know I can change. I love you, all those guys don't matter to me. You matter to me. I can't live without you, baby. You're my world." She gripped on my jeans.

"I'm leaving." I said, trying to pull her away from me.

I forcefully pulled away from her grip, but she kept on trying to hold on to me like a parent leaving their little child. "Britney, let go." I demanded, as I tried to make my way to the front door of her house.

"No! I can't have you leave me. I can't bare you going out with another girl when you know I still love you." She pulled on my shoes.

"Let me go!" I kicked her hand away from my foot.

"Never." She held tighter. "You're mine, Justin. No one else is going to have you."

I was close to her door by inches. I reached out to open the door with my arm while Britney holding on my foot. I opened the door and began walking outside her house, but it was quite difficult with having a crazy ex holding on to you.

"You can't leave, Justin!" I got to her stairs. When I did, I felt her release me. I felt free from her so I ran away as fast as I could before she had a trick behind her sleeve to convince me to stay with her.

"Justin, I will have you back! You just wait and see!" She yelled from a long distance away from my car.

I jumped in my car and sped away from her house. I knew I was never going to go back to that house ever again. Britney was one crazy ex-girlfriend I never wanted to in front with again. I never should had given her chances, after the second cheat I should have called it quits. But no, I was so "in love" that I couldn't let go of her. I had found out about each cheat by some mysterious messages, cards, gifts. I was too dumb to let her go, I would have found other girlfriends who would have been much better suited to be with me than her. I was just glad everything was over. I was finally done with that relationship and ready to start another one. This time I was going to make sure that the girl wasn't a liar like me last.

But what if I didn't want to get back in a relationship. I wasn't convinced on being with anyone after this little break up. I was too insecure with relationships. I was scared that the next girl I let in my life would be like Britney, who was just a lying cheater.

I drove back to my house thinking about why relationships were such a deal. Eventually people would break up and move on with someone else. Why not life a single life for a while? Well the thing about single life is that you can fool around with anyone but if you fool around consequences can occur.

I parked in my driveway, then made my way into my house. I was confused. I didn't know how I would start my new life being someone new. I mean, I'd been with Britney back when we were teenagers. I was eighteen, she was seventeen. Now, I was twenty-five. I'd broken up with my longtime girlfriend, and now I didn't know what to do. I did feel angry, but I didn't feel tears form in my eyes. Maybe it was because I already felt the pain, the sadness when Britney first cheated on me.

Our relationship had been an on and off relationship that was complicated. Besides the cheating, when we were a couple she'd always ask about any new friend, co-worker, or employee. It bothered me that she didn't really give a shit about me. Now, that I thought about it she never cared for me. She was only using me. When I tried kissing her or cuddle with her she'd either make an excuse not letting me be near her or she'd push me away with no reason. I didn't feel happy in the relationship.

I sat down on the living room couch with Brennan and Buckley laying on my lap. After a few moments later, I decided to call Trace and have a talk with him about relationships. And a thank you, since he was the one who told me Britney was having an affair with Brandon.

"Trace?"

"Hey, bro. What's up?"

"I talked to her." I clutched the phone.

"And. . . What else happened?" Trace nosed.

"I went to her house and wanted to be know if the affair was true or if it was just a rumor. So I went to her house and asked her. She said it was true, then I asked if their was other affairs she was having with different guys. She also confessed and said yes. I got angry with her and began yelling at her. I she started to cry and begged me to forgive her. I wasn't going to risk going through another cheat, so I called it quits. I'm done with her." I said, with an angry tone.

"Wow. That's fucked up, dude. What are you gonna do now?"

"I'm thinking of just focusing on my new album. I'm not going to get involved with girls right now. Not after that break up. I want to take a break on relationships and just be single for some time." I replied. "So, how's Tiffany?"

"She's great. We're going out on Sunday to the arcade for our third year anniversary of dating. She's a fan at playing the arcade games." Trace said.

"I'm happy for you, man. Tiffany is one lucky girl having you around." I chuckled.

"Shut up!" He laughed. "Alright, Jay. I'll talk to you later. Tiffany is calling me to eat dinner. Bye."

"Bye." I hung up.

I patted Bennan's head while Buckley's head was under my opposite arm. "Welcome to the new world, Justin. This is the new you." I said, before continuing to stare at the wall.

*********
Chapter written by Jenny