Rookie in Love [Chapter Seventeen]

Start from the beginning

            Jackson takes my breath away as he stands in front of the mirror trying to tie his tie.  His tuxedo is not traditional; instead it is more like a three-piece suit with a silver tie.  The vest starts low and  the end of the tie should rest right inside it.   I make my way over to him and stop his hands from messing with the tie.  He slowly looks me over from my head down to my shoes and then leans in and touches his mouth to my shoulder with a small kiss and an intake of air.

            “You look and smell amazing, Maddy.  Tonight is going to kill me.”  His eyes are back on mine, and I start to tie his tie for him.  Although I am concentrating on the tie, I can feel his eyes on me the entire time.  When I am finished, I brush off the front of the tux and step back to look at him.

            “Jackson, that tux looks incredible on you.”  He smiles at me and then reaches for my hand.  Slipping the key into his back pocket, Jackson opens the door for me and we make our way to the elevator.  There is an older couple in the elevator with us and the woman smiles at me and tells us we are a very handsome couple.  Neither of us corrects her, but Jackson lets go of my hand so he can wrap his arm around my back.

            “I’m a lucky man.” He says as we exit the elevator and the old woman blushes for me and tells him he is right. 

Abby is so beautiful I almost cry.  She asks if I like her make-up since she has just spent the last hour getting tugged on and dolled up at the salon downstairs.  Whatever pain she went through was worth it because she is the most beautiful bride I have ever seen. 

            It is starting to grow darker outside when we exit the casino and make our way to a limo that is waiting for us.  The first stop is the courthouse so that they can get the marriage license.  We wait in a line for a while, because after all this is Vegas and there are tons of couples wanting to tie-the-knot.  When we get back into the limo, Kyle pops open a bottle of champagne and passes out some glasses. 

            “To a happy future for Abby and me, with lots of love and practice making babies!” Abby slaps his arm and giggles as she clinks her glass with mine and drinks the entire thing in one gulp.  We all follow suit and soon the glasses are filled to the tops again.  This time Abby toasts, “To finally realizing that love can’t be left behind no matter what our head tells us.”  She is looking at me when she swallows the champagne this time, and I try hard to hold back the tears I feel burning the backs of my eyes.

            I am feeling a little buzzed from the champagne but Kyle fills our glasses once more and Jackson holds his up, “To loving the person you’re meant to be with enough to last a lifetime in a few short hours.”  It gets quiet as we all tap our glasses together and drink the bubbly champagne.  Abby kisses Kyle and I sit back and watch as my best friend finally has the forever she has always wanted.  Jackson puts my hand in his and rests our hands in my lap. 

            The small chapel is beautiful and I could not be more proud to stand beside Abby and Kyle as they take their vows.  When it is time to kiss the bride, my eyes find Jackson’s and we smile to each other.  Just like that it is over and we make our way back to our hotel.  With each minute we spend driving back to the hotel, my heart picks up the pace.  Jackson has his hand on my leg and once again I feel the electricity of his touch shooting through me. 

            I kiss Abby’s cheek and give her and Kyle a big hug.  She reminds me to meet them back down in the lobby at 10 a.m. so we can all catch our flight home.  We step off of the elevator at our floor and watch as Kyle swoops Abby up and jokes about needing to carry her over the threshold.  Their love is so sweet and endearing I can feel it in my soul.  When the doors slide shut, Jackson takes my hand and we walk back to our room. 

            I find a spot in front of a mirror so I can take out the bobby pins in my hair.  Jackson comes up behind me and takes over, allowing me my chance to watch him as he got to watch me earlier.  I still love him with every piece of my heart.  When the last pin is out, he brushes my hair to one side and runs his lips along my shoulder and neck. 

            I press my body back into his and tip my head so he can have better access to my neck.  Jackson’s hands grip my waist and then begin to slip up my body, stopping at the top of my zipper.  Slowly, he slides the zipper down and then traces his fingers across my shoulders, hooking them under my straps and helping to free my arms.  My dress falls to the floor, leaving me standing in just my underwear and heels. 

            Turning to Jackson, I grab onto the lapels of his jacket and pull him to me so that my skin meets the fabric of his tux.  His hands trace my curves and I arch into him, loving the way it feels to be with him.  I slip my hands under his jacket and run them to the top of his shoulders before taking his jacket off.  I can feel every line of his body through the vest and I pull his tie from its position beneath the vest. 

            I loosen his tie and pull until it is free, dropping it next to my dress on the floor.  His vest is next and by the time I take his shirt off I am practically melting into him.  I ache for his touch and feel drunk off the high of being explored by his hands.  I step out of my heels and he begins to guide me backwards towards the bedroom and the bed.  I giggle when he has to break our kiss to check behind me, the imperfection of the moment making our time together more real. 

When I am on the bed, he removes my panties and then unbuckles his belt and pants allowing them to fall to the floor.  While I watch, he strips his boxers down and removes his shoes and socks.  It is just us now, no clothing between us. 

            Jackson climbs on top of me and gently kisses my lips.  Pausing for a moment, he just looks into my eyes.  I can tell he is holding back but I don’t push, afraid that I will ruin the night.  “I love you, Maddy.  I would do anything to not have to let you go.   I had hoped that our next time together would be the beginning of something great, but I can’t help but to acknowledge that this is goodbye.  With every kiss and every touch I can feel that you are letting me go.” 

            I don’t have time to answer before his lips are on mine again and I run my hands all over his skin, trying to memorize every piece of him.  When I tip my hips up so he can make love to me he shakes his head no, “Maddy, I didn’t bring anything.  I never thought it would end like this.”  He chastely kisses my lips and starts to roll to my side but I wrap my legs around him, “Jackson, I’m on the pill.  Blame it on paranoid brothers; I have been for a few years now. “  I watch as he considers what I have said and then his lips are back to mine again and I can feel him at my entrance.

“Well, Rookie, I guess you get one of my firsts as well.  I have never had sex without a condom. “  I allow my legs to fall open so that his body is firmly against mine and Jackson guides himself inside me.  I know not to run tonight, so I look him in the eyes as he watches me.  Our stare only broken when he places kisses across my shoulder or runs his hands down my legs or across my sensitive spots. 

In this moment, I surrender myself to him; I look into his eyes as mine grow heavy with lust and pleasure and see that he has all of his cards on the table and has surrendered himself to me too.  When the tightness builds and heats every inch of me, I arch my body up and Jackson slides his arms underneath me, embracing me as we unravel together.  In the history of goodbyes, never has one brought such pleasure with such pain. 

*************THIS IS NOT THE END.  ONE MORE CHAPTER!!!!!  PLEASE REMEMBER TO VOTE FOR CHAPTER ONE**************************************************************