1:.

It was morning time and I was still resting in my sleeping bag. Sleep was the only thing that was on my mind this early in the morning. I wish I could just stay in my little cot a bit longer. Still, everything doesn't go my way when it comes to me getting my rest.

"(Y/n) it is time to wake up. We need to get to work. " I heard the same voice that wakes me up every other morning. I let out a groan and rolled over to my other side.

"Can't you guys take care of it for today? I'm so tired and I need my beauty sleep." I mumbled while pulling the covers closer to me.

I was just about to doze back off when I felt a fist hit me in the head. I let out a cry as I rubbed the crown of my head. I turned around and glared at the burgundy haired girl in front of me.

"Are you ready to work now? Believe me, I would love to not deal with you today but Akiko has a fever, so we need to work to buy her some medicine. "

"You could have mentioned that before hitting me, Ruth. "

She gave me one of her smirks and shrugged her shoulders. "I just like hitting you. It's fun"

"I can't believe I'm living with such a child abuser. " I complained as I sat up from my cot on the ground.

"Your 21 so it's not child abuse. Now get your butt out of bed before you experience round two of your wake up call. " She grinned before leaving me to get changed.

I rolled my eyes in her direction before moving toward my chest for some clothes. I looked through it while trying to find the proper attire for today which consist of brown pants and a plain tan shirt.

Poor Akiko, I can't believe she has a fever. I hope she'll be alright here while Ruth and I find some money. I looked at myself in my small handheld mirror and straightened out my hair.

Alright, I'm ready for the day. I picked up my bow staff and dagger and walked out of my small hut. When I came outside, I saw Ruth waiting for me. She had an impatient look on her face with her arms crossed over her chest. She saw me out of my small tent and made a 'tch' sound.

"It's about time you finished. I was getting impatient. Let's go before the other street performers crowd the streets and we won't get a good spot. "

"Fine. Let me just say bye to Akiko. " she motioned with her hand to hurry up and I made my way to the ten year old's hut. I pulled back the cloth that acts as a door and saw her in her cot with sweat rolling down her forehead. She let out tiny pants as she tried to keep her breathing steady.

I let go of the cloth entrance and made my way to the little girl. I kneeled down and placed my hand on her cheek. Ruth wasn't lying, she is seriously burning up.

"(Y/n)...."

I smiled softly "shhh, it's okay. Ruth and I will be back soon. I wish we could bring you with us or that one of us could stay,but we need to get more money for your medicine. We'll be right back. Will you be okay?"

"Yeah. I'll survive."

"You have your dagger with you? Did Ruth get you some fresh water?"

"I'm fine already. You need to preserve a spot before anyone takes it ,right? Go before the street crowds up. Shin is in town right? Is he coming back soon? "