"Ha Eun, come here. What do you think of this?"
My mom showed me a dress.

"It's good, but isn't way too long?" I asked.
"It's not that long; it's so short."

"That's what she said." Jongsuk laughed, and our dad smacked his arm.
"Ah, apayo! Appa! What was that for?!" He said and rubbed his arm.

"Stop with those jokes." Our dad said and glared at him.
"Alright, I'm sorry."

"Ignore them; also, there will be a party in our family. Our friends and family will be coming." Mom said as she searches for the dress.

"So, that's why we are shopping?" I asked.
"Yes"

"But Mom, you don't need to buy more dresses. You got so many and look good in anything." I said.
"Thank you; we are also buying your own." She said.

"But Mom, I got many dresses already."
"Ha Eun, we need a formal dress."

"I'll find something formal, no need for the dress. I got so many already." I said and looked for clothes.

We have to wear masks. Only my brother and I, but some people still recognized us and asked for pictures with us.

And took pictures with them, and thank them for supporting us.

"Mom, you did say that family and friends would be coming, don't tell me THEY are coming?"
"Yes, THEY are coming."

"Oh, gosh..."

~~~~

Been weeks, my parents asked PDnim if I can have some another day off since they are a family and friends of Lee's family party.

I'm still at the dorm; my brother will be picking me.

"Ha Eun, come out now! Let us see what you'll be wearing tonight!" Rae yelled.

I went out of the bathroom and showed them what I'm wearing.

Red top, a skirt and I'm wearing thin leggings. I wore light makeup too.

"Looking good, girl," they winked at me.
"Thanks." I chuckled.

"Also, your brother is waiting outside. Good luck!" They all hugged me.

I left the dorm and saw him waiting.
"Took you long enough." He said.
"Sorry, and let's go."

~~

"Ha Eun, behave." My brother whispered.
"I don't even think I remember these people, but I guess I don't even know them," I whisper back.

"Me neither, let's just smile at them, and if they asked you some unnecessary question, laugh and avoid the questions they give you." He patted my back, we both went to our parents.

They're talking to their friends. And I spotted them.

Ignore and avoid them, ignore and avoid them. IGNORE AND AVOID THEM HA EUN.

"Ha Eun, come here, do you still remember Mr. Kim and Mrs. Kim, do you?" My dad said I bowed at them.

Remember what he said, 'let's just smile at them, and if they asked you some unnecessary question, laugh and avoid the questions they give you.'

"Hahaha." I smiled at them; they all chuckled.

"I'm sure you don't remember that much anymore, you left America when you were ten and went back to South Korea." Mr. Kim chuckled.

"By the way, do you still remember our sons? Dylan and James?" Mrs. Kim smiled.

"Uhhh-"
"Hey, mom and dad." the brothers walked towards us.