Introduction: Why should I learn Russian?

Hello friends! To answer your question: don't learn the Russian language, submerge yourself in it!

For a little over a year now (circa mid-2016) I have studied Russian, and have realized that a lot of people don't study the language, simply because of lack of interest (let's face it, 50% of people think all Russians are communists, and drink Vodka instead of water, becoming a frightening being of alcohol and fury.) But many stereotypes you may believe may not necessarily be true and even so, you shouldn't let any preconceptions drive you off of learning the language; I will begin by listing my personal reasons for learning.

Reason 1: Russian is the 5th most spoken language in the world, and a 'Lingua Franca' (common base language) for East Europe. This makes it a vital tool in modern politics, travel, and business.

Reason 2: The Cyrillic alphabet looks cool! This one speaks for itself... come on... We've all thought it.

Reason 3: Uncommon in the west. When beginning my journey through Russian (and believe me, it is an odyssey) I wanted a skill that nobody else would know, and Russian is not really common in English speaking nations.

Reason 4: Travelling to Russia. Moscow is gigantic: even bigger than that animosity you have for Donald Trump. And is also a truly influential city, with landmarks like Red Square, the Bolshoi Theatre and so on, who wouldn't want to visit?

So those are just a few of my own reasons, perhaps you are interested out of curiosity? Because you heard it's a challenge? Either way: if you're here, it looks as if you're willing to learn, and I my friends, will teach you what I know.