Thief

There was a knock at your door the following morning. It was fairly early too, a little past eight.

Knowing that it could possibly be Vincent filled your heart with excitement. You never expected him this early, but the image of the purple man waking up and instantly hopping out of bed came to mind. How the lanky purple man must have rushed himself together in order to see you, his love of his life.

Opening the door, you widely smiled before kissing your boyfriend. Not yet did you notice the box he was carrying by a handle in his hand. It had holes in it in the shape of circles and every so often a rattling sound was heard from the pat-pat from tiny paws.

"Hey sweetie," He grinned, kissing your cheek. "I'd hug you but my hands are full. Or hand."

"Huh?" You questioned before seeing the box beside him. "Oh my, Vincent is that..?"

"A gift." He said, walking into your apartment.

There was a secret or two to this gift. One is that it's a furry little creature. Two, he stole t from the pet store. How? Vincent has his magical ways. After all he got away with worse stuff in life.

He sat down on your couch, glancing over his shoulder to you. "Come! Sit by me, love! I'll give you your gift over here!" He said, patting the couch to indicate the empty, cold spot beside him.

"Coming, coming," You said, moving over to the couch and sitting beside him.

Your hands instantly went to open the box but a pair of purple hands stopped you. "Not yet," He said in a sing-song voice as he soon grinned.

"Aww. Why not Vincent?" You pouted. He couldn't resist those cute eyes, and your cute reaction.

"You gotta pay at the register in order to receive your item," He jokingly said.

A smirk grew into your face as you said, "How's this as payment?" Then your lips pressed against his. You were quick in your actions as you bit the bottom of his lips gently. His throat rumbled a bit with a moan, his arms wrapping around your smaller body. He desperately wanted more of you.

Pulling away, you stared down at him for a brief moment. "I love you."

That stupid grin everyone wants to smack off of his purple face grew. "I love you too. Go ahead and open your gift."

Opening the box your eyes caught the sight of a orange baby feline trying to crawl his way out of the box. He was mewling softly and already had a purple adjustable collar around his neck. His green eyes were full of playfulness.

Lost for words, your hands clasped your mouth as you whined out "Awwww!"

Picking up the baby cat, you looked at him before looking at Vincent. He was watching you, wordless.

"I love him. I love this cat so much, Vincent thank you so much. This is such a fantastic gift. How ever could I repay you?" You said as sudden guilt pinged you.

Shaking his head, he said, "Don't worry about it. Your happiness is payment enough. Name him."

Pondering for a name, you gave a nod and said, "I'll name him Butterscotch."

"Cute." Vincent said. "Later on we can go pick up stuff for your new kitten. Like a bed or what ever else is needed."

"I'll make a list." You told him, placing the kitten on the couch to get a notepad and pen.

Butterscotch wandered around a bit on the couch. His tail pointed high as he found his way to Vincent.

Soft purrs began as Vincent said, "You're gonna make my girlfriend a happy girl. So glad about that."

~*~*~*~*~*~ FLASH BACK ~*~*~*~*~*~

A loud bang echoed in the room as tiny shards scattered across the room. The bullet left a remarkable hole in the middle of the phone. There. No more contact ever again.

"Good kid, thanks for cooperating with me. I'll treat her well." Her, as in you.

"A-Are you gonna-" They stuttered

"Gonna what? Tell her this? Never. Make you seem like an awful person and take your place as the love of her life? Yeah, of course! She's my sunshine. She brights up my gray days." Vincent said.

"...Let me go...?" They mumbled. They was still locked up in their position. Not from any ropes or chains. From shock and terror.

"Whatever, do whatever with your life. But if I see you interact or tell her what happened here, I will end your sad life. Maybe you're better off leaving this town. Scram and get far away from here." Vincent said, putting his gun away.

Walking out of the house, Vincent was overwhelmed with the excitement and success. He just laughed. He laughed at how easy shit like this was able to do and get away with. The fear driven into his enemies made them choose not to mess with him.

Because he always gets what he wants.